Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flywheel and clutch

Garry91

Hi guys ive got a bit of flywheel judder on my ford focus 2.0 cdti 06 model, im wanting to get a re map but of course want to sort clutch and flywheel out first before doing so. So i was wondering if anyone could confirm if an ST flywheel would fit directly into my car ive seen a few rumours that it would as other parts are direct fits any information would be great cheers guys :laugh:

An ST flywheel and clutch will not fit on your 2.0 TDCI. These are completely different engines. The 2.0 TDCI is a PSA engine while the 2.5 ST is a Volvo engine.

Next to this it also does not make any sense to install an ST flywheel and clutch on a 2.0 TDCI. The 2.0 TDCI has an even higher torque output than the 2.5 ST so the flywheel and clutch of an ST will not be stronger.

• Like 1

as above be carefull what you read some people know nothing and will tell you anything the diesel clutch is stronger to take more torque so a petrol flywheel on a diesel is a no no

• Like 2

Ah damn thats a great point you make i actually didnt even take the torque into consideration, i have spoken with the guy who will be re mapping my car and he recommended to just go with a new DMF obviously nothing will be getting mapped until my clutch and flywheel have been replaced, thankyou guys for giving me some information. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club