Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Recommend me a car

laumk7

My son as you may have read before is starting to drive at the ripe old age of 22. We'd previously decided on a car he likes (C1 platinum), only for his circumstances to change. He's galently stepped into the role of 'dad' to a 8month old baby (not his) as he is dating the mum. So now he needs something small, 5 door, with pushchair and shopping space in the rear. It doesn't have to be a ford and his budget is 10k

Look at the Focus - you can pick up a decent Mk2.5 with plenty of change from 10K.

Advantages are that they're nice cars, comfy, reasonably good boot (go for the estate for even more room)

And because it's considered a family car, should be pretty good on the insurance too!!

ISOFIX can be easily (and cheaply) retrofitted too!!

Not forgetting they're generally nice motors :D

• Like 2

I too, would've thought a Ford Focus would be ideal, or for more boot space an Estate or C-Max.

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Look at the Focus - you can pick up a decent Mk2.5 with plenty of change from 10K.

Can pick up 2 or 3 for £10k now lol!  As much as I like mine for what it cost, I'd probably get something a bit newer with a £10 budget tbh.

I assume a newish Fiesta is too small for baby stuff in the boot?

How new used are you looking at? Loads of choice for £10k.

I picked up my 2012 Focus titanium with 13k miles on  it for £8k a few months ago. Plenty of bargins out there if you can spend the time looking. 

Seat ibiza in near top specs with little mileage were also pretty common when I was looking for around that money. Lovly cars to drive but a bit smaller than the focus. 

I also tested a Skoda rapid/space back 105HP TSI that I really liked as well. Not as many of them on the 2nd hand market however when I was looking. 

A Ford Focus would be perfect, and not just for the extra room, but also because it will get him used to driving a bigger car!  The last thing you want is him starting off in a tin can and then not being able to drive anything bigger.  If he starts off with something of a decent size then he won't be as limited in the future.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club