Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unleaded/super Unleaded?!

Mitchell Rogers

I drive a black edition. I know the power won't be effected but surely the better quality fuel will be better for the engine? Plus I seem to get a bit more mpg

Is the car mapped for online super unleaded? To be honest, as long as you don't fill up on supermarket stuff you will be fine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, m1tch said:

Is the car mapped for online super unleaded? To be honest, as long as you don't fill up on supermarket stuff you will be fine.

I really don't get this anti-supermarket fuel thing. I've just sold my Focus 2.0 TDCi that I drove for 156,000 miles, almost exclusively on supermarket fuel. It didn't miss a beat and was running as sweet as a nut when I sold it.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Vendee said:

I really don't get this anti-supermarket fuel thing. I've just sold my Focus 2.0 TDCi that I drove for 156,000 miles, almost exclusively on supermarket fuel. It didn't miss a beat and was running as sweet as a nut when I sold it.

I guess it depends on the supermarket, I think some people have had bad experiences with water contamination in some of them, plus they sometimes don't have some of the useful detergents in them.

• Like 1

fuel is one of the few things we don't know that inside it. buy a loaf of bread you get an ingredient list. with petrol you get nothing you don't know what additives are inside or the calorific content of the fuel.if these things were made public it could give consumers more differentiators to consider when buying fuel at present people can only go by brand and price.

• Like 3

For the last four cars I've always bought petrol from my local Morrisons.   Never had a problem.   In my latest car, a Fiesta Ecoboost 100, it's giving me well over 40 mpg in short in town journeys.

My preferred is Sainsburys, after that Morrisions but only as it's close.

• Like 1

I use super but always in the back of my mind i thinks is it worth it

Any engine with a knock sensor has the potential to at least gain MPG if not power from higher octane fuel.

YMMV on whether or not the increase in MPG pays for the increase in cost.

I have always run my ST on Vpower, but never bothered on my previous "normal" cars. Just stuck to standard fuel at the big 4.

• Like 2

Seeing as fuel is quite cheap at the moment I'll stick with super unleaded just to be on the safe side. I mean I used to only fill up with supermarket fuel in my old c2 and I didn't have any issues

For my focus is use super unleaded. Using it my MPG improves by around 3-4 which in the long run works out slightly cheaper than putting in regular so for me its a win-win

Momentum 99 from Tesco suits me just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I'm using the Momentum stuff from Tesco at the moment. The extra mpg just about covers the higher cost of the fuel but I'm happy because it extends the range of a full tank, meaning that I can fill up on a sunday and have enough to get me through to the following sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vendee said:

I'm using the Momentum stuff from Tesco at the moment. The extra mpg just about covers the higher cost of the fuel but I'm happy because it extends the range of a full tank, meaning that I can fill up on a sunday and have enough to get me through to the following sunday.

How much do u spend a week ? 

just filled up with regular unleaded for my ecoboost 125 as the bp ultimate was an extra £5.33 more to fill the tank can't see getting that back through increased mpg.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, 666Damian666 said:

How much do u spend a week ? 

Probably about £40. I do 350 miles a week commuting to work. I get 44mpg using standard 95 ocatane and 47mpg using the 99 octane Momentum.

I use tesco, more for the pay at pump service. Momentum usually. I've already voiced my opinions on Asda haha.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MPX309 said:

I use tesco, more for the pay at pump service. Momentum usually. I've already voiced my opinions on Asda haha.

Don't understand why Shell cant do this, or anywhere else for that matter. Pop your card in, pop your pin in, fill up and drive off. None of the hassle of queuing behind people attempting to get a weekly shop, scratchcards and cigs. Just pay and go! (The main reason why I use Tesco too!!)

• Like 4

And Morrisons!  It always amazes me how many drivers will queue up to get to a pump thats on the same side as their filler cap - I've never yet been to a garage where the hose won't stretch around the car.

What i laugh at are the people who moan on about a few MPG less using "INFERIOR" fuel who then get in their car start it,fidget about  for ages before they move ,make sure the kids,dog,shopping etc are all in place,adjust the rear view mirror and countlesss other things then pull away.START IT LAST

• Like 2

Don't understand why Shell cant do this, or anywhere else for that matter. Pop your card in, pop your pin in, fill up and drive off. None of the hassle of queuing behind people attempting to get a weekly shop, scratchcards and cigs. Just pay and go! (The main reason why I use Tesco too!!)

They do. Just use their app and scan a qr code by the pump money comes out of your Paypal account

5769782e7a931_ImageUploadedByFordOC14665

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 3

On 19/06/2016 at 11:23 PM, The1nonly1 said:

My preferred is Sainsburys, after that Morrisions but only as it's close.

Sainsbury's fuel is supplied by BP! I only ever use Sainsbury's fuel and never had a problem :wink:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

They do. Just use their app and scan a qr code by the pump money comes out of your Paypal account

ImageUploadedByFord OC1466529837.908767.jpg

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

I've heard about that (never used it myself) but people have done that, drove off and it never took their money and they were being charged with petrol theft it may be an isolated incident but doesn't leave me with much confidence.

• Like 2

I've got a 1.6 TDCi focus, and for the last 3 years (and 35000 miles) its been run on Sainsburys diesel. Was running low and nowhere near a sainsburys last month so decided to put in £15 of BP Ultimate Diesel and then had to spend an extra £400 fixing issues that it caused. To be fair though after changing the fuel filter and getting the car back to 100% I've ran it on nothing by BP Ultimate and I'm getting a good 7-10mpg more. I also had an ECU Stage 1 remap put on while the car wasn't working properly so this had probably helped the MPG a bit too!

3 hours ago, Philf1 said:

ImageUploadedByFord OC1466529837.908767.jpg

Not really seen these QR Codes, but its a good idea.

But, I'm pretty sure it says all over the forecourt don't use your mobile phone. Now I know that kinda means don't start calling people from it, but surely the signal is pretty similar when using 4G/3G/Wifi to log onto paypal for the QR code? Bit contradictory. However i'de still prefer to put my card of choice in so that I/my partner can pay for fuel, or I can stick it on a credit card. (However it is very good if you don't have your wallet!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club