Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advice needed please lovely people!!!!

Mo1984

Hi guys I'm struggling with this maf issue, I want to change to an aftermarket air filter and have found a K&N 57i that is meant for my car but I can't seem to find the maf sensor which is integrated and plugged into the new K&N kit yet can't locate it or find anything on the internet as to where the sensor is located or many pictures of the same air box as me can anyone help please?!?!?!?

Hi,

I think you need to clarify the problem a bit.

I know you want to replace the existing filter box with the K&N. But the MAF problem is not quite clear.

The old filter box should have had a MAF inserted into the outlet air hose fitting.

Do you still have the old box with the MAF, and is there any possible way of using the old MAF with the new K&N filter box, in the same basic location? Though the whole existing tube or fitting containing the MAF is needed, or it must go in a tube of exactly equal internal diameter. (The MAF sensor is an air velocity sensor, and its calibration will be wrong in the wrong sized tube.)

That would seem the simplest solution, as it avoids compatibility problems.

If you really need a new MAF, that is designed for the K&N box, AND compatible with your car, then you will have to try the K&N website, or Google madly, or hope someone here knows of such a thing!

Peter.

Hey mate I've been on the k&n website and it shows on the fitting instructions page that the maf sensor plugs into the pipe that goes into original air box but mine doesn't have that and can't locate the sensor anywhere that's why I tried on here 😩

14 hours ago, Mo1984 said:

mine doesn't have that and can't locate the sensor

See:

Posted October 27, 2013

Seems it does not have or Need a MAF sensor. So just ignore it.

Thank you for you comments Peter I have now figured it out, although my car was registered in 2008 it actually comes under the 2007 model so I entered that into the k&n website and came up with the proper instructions which doesn't involve the maf sensor appreciate the advice though mate 😎

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club