Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this normal, idle tick over

ZetecShearer1987

Alternator was changed today by a local independent auto electrition who fully diagnosed the fault. All I had to pay was 49 quid diagnostics and the warranty cover the 370 alternator. Went back to my local ford and told me nothing was wrong in the first place, they said the garage who changed the alternator was wrong and that wasn't the fault. 

I made a right scene as they still don't accept anything was wrong with my car.

anyway new alternator was fitted and the vibrations have gone and the car runs great. 

• Like 2

thats good to hear, lets hope it has fixed it long term.

Erm ..... The problem is back😪

Ran sweet as a nut for a day and the same old crap has returned.

one thing I have noticed, the front parking sensors that were fitted by the main dealer when I brought the car seem to have broken again.

They were fixed under warranty 2 weeks ago as half of them were faulty and beeping all the time. They have been ok until today when they have started beeping randomly again and the button next to my gear stick keeps flickering. So it's gonna have to go back again to be fixed.

im wondering if they are shorting out and causing these other issues.

ive had nothing but trouble from these front parking sensors since owning the car and I've never used them as they have never worked correctly. Can I get ford to remove them as they are s**t.

If there were electrical issues then DTCs should still be logged, at least for lost communication, etc.

Perhaps ford can fit some diagnostic equipment and let you drive for a bit, so it logs for a bit, and hopefully they get data when it happens?

• Like 1

do you think your independent auto electrician may have disturbed the wiring for the parking sensors near the fuse box? if there xvision  front sensors then there should be piggy back in engine bay fusebox, and another in passenger footwell fusebox, just pull the fuses if you want to stop them working/disturbing other circuits.

• Like 1

I have no idea how to find the correct fuse, what do I need to look for, the sensors are a complete waste of time and money. The rear ones are helpful but the front ones are crap