Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dechroming

Mel90

Hey Guys,

So I'm looking at dechroming my Fiesta and I've decided to get the chrome wrapped however I'm unsure on whether to get it wrapped black or go for a cheeky red colour as I'm not sure if the red would look nice or not! What do you guys think? 

Thanks in advance!

All depends what the colour of your car is! What year is the car ?

Personally I love chrome I'm an old guy compared to young studs on here...lol

• Like 2

It's a black 2011 I've seen others dechromed and they look better in my opinion of course! 

• Like 1

Embrace the chrome mate

20160422_165934.jpg

• Like 3

Personally can't stand the chrome, black all the way :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of de-chroming.

That makes it two votes for chrexit two for chremain!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

All depends what the colour of your car is! What year is the car ?

Personally I love chrome I'm an old guy compared to young studs on here...lol

I like chrome especially on a black car,, breaks it up a bit in my opinion...

• Like 1

I Like both. Depends on the colour of the car.

Elise small.jpg

Fiesta small.jpg

2011 Fiesta ? What about getting one of these ? The corner chrome parts are available in satin silver too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Front-Bumper-Grill-Grille-Center-Fits-For-2008-2011-Ford-Fiesta-MK7-Sedan-/291547281693?hash=item43e192791d:g:i~EAAOSwDNdV2uoP

I didn't know you could get chrome handles?

Stu

11 hours ago, Stuart jj said:

I didn't know you could get chrome handles?

Stu

Can even get chrome mirror caps & Chrome pillars!

• Like 1

The only 1 thing I've currently de-chromed is the boot lift trim (took me months to find the panel, but was worth it):

large.gallery_62796_1676_54431.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Can even get chrome mirror caps & Chrome pillars!

I take it they are an eBay job Ian?

Stu

2 hours ago, Stuart jj said:

I take it they are an eBay job Ian?

Stu

Yes Stu, but fitting loads of chrome will only make a car look cheesy, pillars can only be found in the USA though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiesta-2009-2014-Chrome-Car-Side-Mirror-Covers-Set-Ford-New-/272262086564?hash=item3f6415bfa4:g:KR4AAOSw~gRVnSh2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-2016-Ford-Fiesta-6pc-Luxury-FX-Chrome-Pillar-Post-Set-/262271332511?hash=item3d1096f09f:g:gyUAAOSwvg9XVvzj

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Sorry Ian I should have said its for a friend who mentioned ages ago about chrome door handles..

My car is the same as yours a Titanium, so has enough (personally think just the right amount) chrome on it as it is...

Thanks again

Stu

Thanks for everyones help and opinions the chrome is deffo going to be wrapped just unsure of whether to be brave and go for something different like red or just having it black (which is the same colour as my car).

4 hours ago, Mel90 said:

Thanks for everyones help and opinions the chrome is deffo going to be wrapped just unsure of whether to be brave and go for something different like red or just having it black (which is the same colour as my car).

Believe it or not, I have thought about doing red along the chrome (sides of doors) - but yet to do it. Hmmmm! (Min'es a Frozen White btw)  I've already got some red pin stripe detailing too on front and rearlarge.gallery_62796_1676_169011.jpg

• Like 3

I wrapped my boot panel Carbon and had a quote for to get my sides wrapped black for £40 which is good to be honest 13340647_1112142785516566_1398434392_o.jpg

5 hours ago, L22EEW said:

Believe it or not, I have thought about doing red along the chrome (sides of doors) - but yet to do it. Hmmmm! (Min'es a Frozen White btw)  I've already got some red pin stripe detailing too on front and rearlarge.gallery_62796_1676_169011.jpg

Good job on that buddy..

Looks a class job that sets it off a treat...

Stu

• Like 1

18 hours ago, L22EEW said:

That looks really good! Well I think you need to get yours done pronto so I can see if I like it haha! 

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 6/23/2016 at 11:28 PM, Ian Lanc said:

You did a great job that surprised me quite a bit.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club