Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's bought off drive the deal?

Taylor22

So I'm looking to finally upgrade to an st3. Drive the deal have quoted me an amazing price on one. Just wondering who's bought there car through them? How does the process work, how easy it all to do etc. My main question is they say car gets delivered to your house, do they drive it to your house or does it come on the back of a lorry? Was just thinking if the dealer is 200 mile away and they drive it here it will have hundreds of miles on before I even get it. 

I bought my car through them..extremely easy. However, I had to go and pick the car up (finance needed signing). Not a bad train journey, but the day off required closed the gap to the Car Wow price.

I bought mine through them, it's no different to ordering from a dealer because that's exactly what you're doing, it's just DTD have already negotiated the price for you. 

Depends which dealer it's coming from, when I ordered mine one dealer in Birmingham would only deliver it but I went and picked it up from north wales, it would probably be driven rather than trailored.

current dealers I heard being used are in North wales, Horsham in Sussex and Cambridge. 

The cost of a train ticket is more than covered by the savings and you have a good journey back to help run it in.

or

take the DTD quote in to your local dealer and see if they will match that price, some will some won't but it's worth trying.

Yea I was thinking, when ive bought cars they need to ask lots of questions about the finance and then run the finance to see if you get accepted. When I spoke to dtd they said they would take deposit and go from there.. so once I give deposit will the dealer ring me to get information for the finance. My only worry is my current car is on finance so if I apply they will need to accept me whilst I already have car in finance in my name. 

I picked up my car which I bought through DriveTheDeal just over five weeks ago. It was very easy. I submitted my details, they called me back within a couple of hours to confirm and take my card details for a deposit . Three days later I got a call from the dealership to confirm, take my deposit and arrange finance. I was fortunate that the dealership wasn't too far away from me but going into the purchase I was prepared to travel anywhere to pick it up rather than have anyone else drive my car!

I did a post about it http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81670-Buying-a-new-ST...#entry584341here.

Sounds quite straight forward then, just the usual stuff over phone. My only concern is whether I can get accepted on the finance with my car already being on finance, so to the finance company it will look like I'm gonna have two cars on finance. 

8 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

Sounds quite straight forward then, just the usual stuff over phone. My only concern is whether I can get accepted on the finance with my car already being on finance, so to the finance company it will look like I'm gonna have two cars on finance. 

I recently part exchanged my car that was currently on finance for a newer car to be taken on finance. No problems at all even though the exchanged car was still showing on my credit report with a large outstanding balance. As long as you have a good credit history you should be fine.

Yea I've done that before, dealer notes that it's being taken in part ex to the finance company though as part of the deal to purchase which disregards it from their decision to lend you credit. Only problem is doing it separately means the fianance company have no assurances that I'd be getting rid of my current car just before picking up the new one, therefore would more than like effect the decision. Only one way to find out I guess, I'll be sorting it tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor22 said:

Yea I've done that before, dealer notes that it's being taken in part ex to the finance company though as part of the deal to purchase which disregards it from their decision to lend you credit. Only problem is doing it separately means the fianance company have no assurances that I'd be getting rid of my current car just before picking up the new one, therefore would more than like effect the decision. Only one way to find out I guess, I'll be sorting it tomorrow. 

You should get accepted for finance so long as you have a good credit score - it shouldn't matter too much regarding that. You could also ask the garage how much they would take for your as a part ex toward the ST3 and re-negotiate the finance (if possible?).

Be aware, if the garage apply for your finance, that goes onto your credit history. So if you start shopping and getting various garages to put you forward to a finance company to see if they will accept you, over time (after a few of these) it will look bad - as on the history it wont show if you have been accepted or denied. Finance companies then look at this and see "Oh, hes applied for finance in the past week for 3 different loans" - they will then take it that these 3 have rejected you and will in turn reject you.

So, only go down the finance route once you are 100% that the price you see if the price your willing to pay etc (you probably know that,  but working in a dealership, I knew a few people who said that they are waiting for 3/4 garages to get back to them to see if they can be accepted for finance and wanted us to put them forward to to another finance company, as they didn't think they would get accepted anyway) safe to say when I told them how it worked, they were a touch worried

They don't accept part exes through drive the deal, said it was down to me to shift the car myself. Yea I've not applied for credit since last year on my other car, my credit score is fair but ive never had a problem in the past getting credit. Got my first car a few months after turning 18 as my first line of credit. Just gonna have to apply and if I get declined I get declined. 

I think it works like this... DriveTheDeal are purely a broker so they won't commit to part-exchanges. However, once they have brokered the deal your relationship is purely with the dealership who may accept your part-ex against the deal that has already been arranged. When I had my initial contact from the dealership I was asked if I had a car to trade-in.

I asked the guy from drive the deal he said the dealer wouldn't be able to accept part ex and I'd have to go to someone like we buy any car. I just assumed that was fact, I'll ask the dealer when they contact me and hopefully having already received my deposit at that stage it won't be too late to accept part ex. 

10 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

I asked the guy from drive the deal he said the dealer wouldn't be able to accept part ex and I'd have to go to someone like we buy any car. I just assumed that was fact, I'll ask the dealer when they contact me and hopefully having already received my deposit at that stage it won't be too late to accept part ex. 

I'm in the process of shifting mine now but struggled to shift it on autotrader. (Fairly priced, but people don't really research into them, so the 1.0l 79bhp seem a LOT cheaper to mine, since mines an ecoboost). So going to have to go to we buy - however Sell Your Car at evans halshaw offer to beat we buy any car (and dont have any fees for selling, unless you want to get paid early). We Buy is £74.99 fee if your car is between £4999 and £49,999 (or something similar to that)

Update:

Finance has been accepted. St will be here by October. Dealer also said they will buy my car off me. It would appear that they are willing to take newer cars off your hand but if your going through drive the deal with a older/ harder to sell car you'll have to sell elsewhere. 

Good news! ST3 build times have been quite short lately, I got mine in under 5 weeks.

Drive the deal and dealer both said the orders have came in thick and fast recently and not to expect it early. At £249 a month over two years with style pack and parking sensors I can see why. Every other deal I enquired with to match could only do £300 a month so a cracking deal. Quicker it comes the better though. 

• 3 months later...
On 26/06/2016 at 9:38 PM, MarksST said:

I bought mine through them, it's no different to ordering from a dealer because that's exactly what you're doing, it's just DTD have already negotiated the price for you. 

Depends which dealer it's coming from, when I ordered mine one dealer in Birmingham would only deliver it but I went and picked it up from north wales, it would probably be driven rather than trailored.

current dealers I heard being used are in North wales, Horsham in Sussex and Cambridge. 

The cost of a train ticket is more than covered by the savings and you have a good journey back to help run it in.

or

take the DTD quote in to your local dealer and see if they will match that price, some will some won't but it's worth trying.

Hi again mate

I'm not storking you promise 😂

Is it lifestyle crawley the Sussex dealer that drive the deal mentioned? 

I got a carwow quote but it was slightly more.

It's the Horsham branch that gets mentioned although I don't think they are officially a DTD dealer, they did get close to the DTD price though so I ordered with them. 

Print off the DTD quote and go in, Chris Church might be the better salesman to speak to, he owns a ST and is on the mk7 Facebook page. 

Ive bought 3 STs now,  2 direct from a dealer and 1 through DTD where I didn't know or meet the dealer until collection, the whole buying experience was so much better with DTD.

• Like 1

3 ST's Mark? Why?

It can't be full ashtrays, I can't find any.

Empty fuel tank? Needed a wash? Brake dust on the alloys? Write-offs? Difficult to maintain 30mph?

;)

You know I love you :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club