Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unusual Fiesta on eBay

liampatrick

I've just come across this Fiesta on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FIESTA-GHIA-1-4L-AUTOMATIC-ONLY-33-471-MILES-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-/222114932283?hash=item33b714e63b:g:iooAAOSwubRXMx2L

Very very late Mk6.5 on a 59 plate, but unusually with orange side repeaters, and pre-facelift side door trims and alloys! Also, it's a Ghia without auto headlights/wipers?

Anyone a clue?

8 hours ago, liampatrick said:

I've just come across this Fiesta on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FIESTA-GHIA-1-4L-AUTOMATIC-ONLY-33-471-MILES-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-/222114932283?hash=item33b714e63b:g:iooAAOSwubRXMx2L

Very very late Mk6.5 on a 59 plate, but unusually with orange side repeaters, and pre-facelift side door trims and alloys! Also, it's a Ghia without auto headlights/wipers?

Anyone a clue?

Somebody changed the side lenses for Amber ones & also changed the wheels because they preferred those ones or one of their mates wanted the facelift items for their pre facelift fiesta!

Probably stolen with fake plates, ETIS doesn't know it... 'We are sorry, but no information could be found for the VIN/Registration number you entered - FJ59NNW'

Or alternatively, it's a 1.4 auto...no-one bought it so it sat at the back of a showroom/lockup for years before being registered lol.

Auto wipers and lights must've been optional, even on the higher spec models, my '08 ST doesn't have them, kept wondering why I couldn't see in the dark or rain now I'm used to the Focus TitX. :sad:  :laugh: 

• Like 1

Might be an import too. Channel island car, ireland, etc.

They have different configs to UK sometimes.

Etis only recognises the reg is was first registered with.

• Like 1

The plate comes up as first registered in Nottingham & is currently untaxed, but does have a M.O.T.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm guessing it must be either a model that sat for ages in the showroom before being sold, or it's not originally from the UK. I believe the facelifted Ghia had auto wipers/lights from launch in 2005, so that's a bit weird. It also seems to have the Reflex pack, but no ESC (which I thought you could only get together as an option on the Ghia). I think all-in-all it's a bit of a parts-bin odd-ball? Either that or it's got a very strange history, which hasn't been fully-disclosed within the advertisement!

• Like 1

Sons Ghia 2007 has auto lights but NOT auto wipers so not all Ghia's had the option as standard

• Like 1

I should add that as its a "late" model they may have chucked on whatever parts they had left and badged it as a Ghia. I once had a cavalier with uprated disks and other bits as it was the last year of that model so they just used parts they had.

• Like 1

The ad says its got leather seats which it quite obviously hasn't.

• Like 1

Yeah it definitely hasn't got leather! Leather was standard on all Ghia models, however there was an option for fabric trim ilo leather so I guess that explains that. The orange side indicators were only on Studio/Style models, and those alloy wheels were standard on Zetec models. I guess it could just be a parts-bin hash-up, but I really really don't understand why it has the pre-facelift bodyside mouldings. I have all of the Fiesta brochures from 2004 onwards (because I was a freak as a teenager) so I (thought I) know the specs inside out haha.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Sons Ghia 2007 has auto lights but NOT auto wipers so not all Ghia's had the option as standard

You should get your son to check, as he may have a surprise waiting! The autowipers/lights only ever came together as a feature (standard on Ghia, optional on other models, and available as part of the 'Technology Pack' from the first quarter of 2007), if you push the washer stalk up one notch then they're activated - took me a while to work out how to turn them on! 

• Like 2

Just asked him as he got in from work and said he has got the auto wipers, my mistake on that one.....doh!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Auto wipers and lights must've been optional, even on the higher spec models, my '08 ST doesn't have them, kept wondering why I couldn't see in the dark or rain now I'm used to the Focus TitX. :sad:  :laugh: 

Yep, just standard on Ghia! And then the final Zetec Blue models to try and get rid of them before the Mk7 was launched haha 

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just asked him as he got in from work and said he has got the auto wipers, my mistake on that one.....doh!

Haha easy mistake to make, I wasn't sure how to make it work until I fiddled around with the stalk a bit and chucked a cup of water on the windscreen!

• Like 1

I've forgotten where the heated front / rear screen buttons are?

1 hour ago, Willy said:

I've forgotten where the heated front / rear screen buttons are?

It's got those, just right of the hazard light switch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liampatrick said:

Yep, just standard on Ghia! And then the final Zetec Blue models to try and get rid of them before the Mk7 was launched haha 

Ah really?  I never understand why sports models sometimes come with less spec than the comfort models...  I cant be the only one that wants sporty looks and handling AND a tonne of spec inside!  Same with the Focus, if I could've had a Titanium X Zetec S I would've done lol.

Most annoying with the Mk6 ST is the fact cruise control can't be retro-fitted...yet the cruise symbol on the dash taunts me constantly lol! :sad::laugh: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah really?  I never understand why sports models sometimes come with less spec than the comfort models...  I cant be the only one that wants sporty looks and handling AND a tonne of spec inside! 

Simply buy a MK4.5 Mondeo TXS Tom, - job done :smile:

• Like 1

I'm not quite at Mondeo age Mark! :laugh:   Or have the funds for anything that nice lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not quite at Mondeo age Mark! :laugh:   Or have the funds for anything that nice lol.

Are you inferring that I'm OLD . . . .  ! ? :smile:

Of course not! :ohmy:

Just that I see Mondeo's as 'Dads' cars. :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club