Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Need assistance

laumk7

A while ago on my car (15 plate fiesta TX), I noticed it juddering and trying to stall in first gear when pulling away from a stop. The garage told me the fuel might be at fault so I stopped religiously using Shell and moved to tescos fuel.

Well the problems back and worse than before, it judders along, almost kangarooing , and trying to stall - in fact it DID  stall in tescos car park the other day. So I've rebooked in at the garage for thursday.  It's doing this now nearly all the time in the low gears 1 and 2. Other gears it feels fine

What the devil is going on?

Is it doing it while rolling or just when you're bringing the clutch in?

21 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

While driving / rolling

Could it be the fuel filter is clogged?  Sounds like there is a fuel starvation issue going on as a diesel should be able to pull itself in 1st gear with no gas all day long.

15 hours ago, laumk7 said:

While driving / rolling

Ah ok, I've seen quite a few Fiesta's having juddery clutches fairly early on but not that then!

It could be so many different things it's hard to guess without a fault code or live data.  I know it's not the same engine but I had the same issue on the ST150 which seems to have been cured with a throttle body clean and reset, but I'd kinda hope Ford have already tried that.

15 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Could it be the fuel filter is clogged?  Sounds like there is a fuel starvation issue going on as a diesel should be able to pull itself in 1st gear with no gas all day long.

Where does it say diesel?  It's a 1.0 petrol...with 35bhp more than your 1.9TD... :tongue: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Where does it say diesel?  It's a 1.0 petrol...with 35bhp more than your 1.9TD... :tongue: 

I could have sworn the original post said it was a diesel...  Note to self: put your glasses on before replying! :rolleyes:

In any event, it still sounds like the fuel filter to me. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

with 35bhp more than your 1.9TD... :tongue: 

I'll pretend you didn't say that... :wink:

• Like 1

It is a petrol, a 1 litre ecoboost with 125ps :lol:

A clogged fuel filter was my guess, but would it clog so early on? The car's only 1yr old and it's only once been on the fuel light - usually I fill up at around half a tank

Need another guess, no fuel filter as such to change, only filter is in tank part of fueltank sender/pump.

19 minutes ago, iantt said:

Need another guess, no fuel filter as such to change, only filter is in tank part of fueltank sender/pump.

Ahh rats!

What the devil could other be caused by then? It hasn't always done it, so it's certainly not my driving style. What the devil could it be?

Problem is it could be any of various sensors, has it been back to the garage again yet?  Is it a Ford garage or independent?

Does Forscan work on these?  I don't deal with anything that new lol.  If it does, could give that a go yourself!

its under warranty, so don't worry about it and let them sort it out Thursday (unless its Bristol street then id worry. lol)

• Like 3

Lol I'm avoiding Bristol street like the plague, it's going to the garage (ford main dealers) I bought the car from in the first place, 70 odd mile round trip but peace of mind is worth it. 

Well took it to the garage....

Its shined through all its tests and failed at nothing, turns out ito must be me then :lol:

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Well took it to the garage....

Its shined through all its tests and failed at nothing, turns out ito must be me then :lol:

Oh well!!  Being that it is a petrol, it could have just been the low speed that caused it to judder and stall.

• Like 1

Just because it passes the tests doesn't mean it's fine lol...

There's an annoying acceleration judder on my Dads car that he asked me to track down, it's definitely there but shows nothing wrong on diagnostics!

Petrol's these days have much better anti-stall than old ones, should roll in gear at idle no problem on a fairly flat road.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club