Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune/Pumaspeed?

Danzzza

Mountune Fiesta Vs PumaSpeed Fiesta?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Mountune Fiesta Vs PumaSpeed Fiesta? What would you have?

• Mountune
    • PumaSpeed

How can anyone say this looks 'chavvy' ? http://www.mountuneperformance.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=190&Itemid=111

We've designed our own body parts to enhance the car, offer a cat-back, 140PS upgrade and in the next month a 155PS upgrade (the only people offering a cam upgrade).

Suspension and brake upgrades are also on the way... what more could we actually do?!

I don't recall anyone saying what was in the link was "chavvy".

I'll only speak for myself, but my "chavvy" comment was aimed at the two pictures at the start of the thread and in regards to the sticky back plastic that tuning companies seem to adorn their cars with, which I made clear if you read.

As for the link to the bodykit, if people want to pay well over twice as much than the standard MK7 dress up kit, then that's their choice.

Hi Andy,

Will be taking bookings in the next few weeks - we'll update the website when we're good to begin booking cars in.

Keith - fair enough. The price difference stems purely from the fact that we manufacture our parts in 100's whereas Ford have a slight advantage over us in that their parts are based on 100,000's. Although they're hardly the same thing...

Hi Andy,

Will be taking bookings in the next few weeks - we'll update the website when we're good to begin booking cars in.

Keith - fair enough. The price difference stems purely from the fact that we manufacture our parts in 100's whereas Ford have a slight advantage over us in that their parts are based on 100,000's. Although they're hardly the same thing...

cheers dave looking forward to getting it done

Dave - what is the difference between getting a Bluefin chip and getting a re-caliberation done by Mountune? If I've had exhaust upgrade and induction kit elsewhere will Mountune still do a recaliberation for a customer? If my car isn't giving me any issues with the upgrades I've had done do I need a recaliberation?

Thank you

Dave - what is the difference between getting a Bluefin chip and getting a re-caliberation done by Mountune? If I've had exhaust upgrade and induction kit elsewhere will Mountune still do a recaliberation for a customer? If my car isn't giving me any issues with the upgrades I've had done do I need a recaliberation?

Thank you

mountune are the only company with full access to the ford ecu so there is alot of difference,the re-caliberation from mountune gives the best performance from the upgraded parts mountune use

Kabir,

A lot of the aftermarket tuners are lucky in that modern ECU's have a certain amount of adaption available to them so light changes can often be 'automatically' catered for... there is obviously a limit to this and it won't be taking advantage of the potential additional performance - only running safely to the original settings if you like.

A generic file like the Superchip you ask about will be a modified standard base file which they search for particular tables in via software that displays the entire contents of the calibration as HEX. Obviously this worked well on older less complicated cars, and also to a degree with turbo applications (find the boost table... add 10% to all of it, voila the effect of a much faster car).

Clearly it's not the proper way of doing it and as things like VCT, new boost strategies and ultimately the new wave of direct injection and other things coming from Ford arrive this will only mean it gets even more difficult and dangerous for them to 'hack' certain parts of the standard calibration. We've heard of someone getting the VCT cam settings wrong on a latest Fiesta for exmaple and the end result was a scrap engine!

We obviously work with Ford so have both the knowledge and the software / hardware to openly access the entire ECU and its calibration which allows us to modify and fine-tune everything from the pedal maps which can completely change the feel of the car, to the more regular tables. There are hundreds of tables in some cases - the days of just having an ignition, fuel and boost map are long gone... so to do a proper, robust and ultimately the best job available to give you the best driveability, fuel economy and performance there's only one 'right' way of doing it; Anyone can take the catalyst out and remove the torque limits...

Again regarding the above, if you have a known set of parts (one of our kits for example) then we can ensure the calibration is absolutely perfect for your car... if you have other manufacturers' parts on it, there could be serious issues caused to the calibration that could affect all of the things mentioned above. That, and the warranty aspect of our kits is why you have to have all the parts of the kit fitted so you get exactly what you should do, and not an assembly of random parts held together by a calibration / map that's made up of flat-mapped tables and safety limits being removed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club