Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Mats MK7

Superdon

Looking around for the best mats for my new Zetec. I have heard the standard Ford ones are rubbish and the velour ones are expensive.

Looking for something plain and simple, around £30 I guess, but decent quality. There are a few on eBay but worried they will be crap fit and quality.

Any recommendations?

Post a link to the £30 ones on eBay and you'll get a better opinion

But without even seeing them I would advise going for the Ford contoured ones. There are 2 different types as you rightly mention. I would go for the premium velour ones if my dealer wasn't throwing in a set of the 'standard' ones for free lol

you can get mountune 1s but they r lyk £50 on the mountune online store

A bit too much ££ for me at the moment, but have read they are good.

Post a link to the £30 ones on ebay and you'll get a better opinion

But without even seeing them I would advise going for the Ford contoured ones. There are 2 different types as you rightly mention. I would go for the premium velour ones if my dealer wasn't throwing in a set of the 'standard' ones for free lol

Heres one set on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-08-T...=item4838056b75

There are a few others too.

Had heard the standard mats were pretty quick to wear. I have some Ford velour mats in my current MK6.5 fiesta, and they were tatty after just a few months too.

A bit too much ££ for me at the moment, but have read they are good.

Heres one set on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-08-T...=item4838056b75

There are a few others too.

Had heard the standard mats were pretty quick to wear. I have some Ford velour mats in my current MK6.5 fiesta, and they were tatty after just a few months too.

They look fine to me :D

As for wear, they all will eventually. For the winter months i prefer to fit my rubber mats to my (current) Focus to save the carpet mats from getting wet or extra dirty.

I got a set of velour mats off of eBay and they fit perfectly, front and back. Cost about £30 as well, just check you're getting the Mk7 shaped mats.

are they decent quality? Which seller did you buy from?

are they decent quality? Which seller did you buy from?

I think I got them from here: ebay shoppe

I've had them 5 months and they are holding up well. A bit. leafy, but my driveway's covered in them! There is a slight dent where my heel rests but this brushes out when I clean them. Quality is very good for the velour ones, just wish they came with the plastic tabs to fix on the driver's side. It came with the plastic screws but no arm thingies.

Don't really need them though as the mat doesn't budge at all. I'm just a bit OCD. I keep the screws in the driver's side cubby hole. :P

• 2 months later...

The "autostyle" website is where you can design your own mats, from £60 >, + post. FORD velour ones were £50 the set of 4, with the front pair locked to the floor, but you could get just the front ones, if you were mean, and use the cheap "standard" grade Ford ones in the back, although they are very obviously different in colour and grade. I did read, however, that the advent of the revised specifications, to introduce the "EDGE" model, heralded the deletion of accessory mats, but if quick, you may still find some, and I, for one find them good value at £50 for 4. (standard ones are £25 for 4, and only the driver's mat is fixed down.) ( I still have my standard set stored in the garage, having only 3 months wear.)

The aftermarket mats are often devoid of fixings.

• 4 weeks later...

Must say I am disappointed with the durability of the dealer supplied Ford velour mats. After 4 months & just 2500 miles there is now a very well worn hole from the heel of my clutch foot :angry: Though I may have a heavy right foot I didn't think I had such a heavy left foot!

Not impressed especially as these are the more expensive mats. This has now got to the point where my heel gets stuck in the hole when raising the clutch pedal.

Anyone have the same problem with these mats?

Any recommendations for more hard wearing mats? Obviously the rubber ones would last longer, but not keen on the look of them.

It also seems that you cannot buy just the driver's side mat on its own. I have only been able to find sets of both front mats or all 4 front & rear mats. It seems obvious to me that the driver's side mat would be the one that would wear the quickest & need replacing most often without needing to replace any of the others.

On the "Autostyle" website, you can specify double layer at heels, or even a sheet of aluminium with round holes in it/them, as required.

I bought some Halfords fully tailored mats for my mk6 and they were excellent - fitted perfectly, only cost about £30 and had the reinforced heel section.

Not sure if they do them for the mk7 yet though.

Must say I am disappointed with the durability of the dealer supplied Ford velour mats. After 4 months & just 2500 miles there is now a very well worn hole from the heel of my clutch foot :angry: .....

What is warranty like when it comes to mats?

I'm up to 8 months and 21,000 miles. There is no hole but it definitely looks like the mat is suffering

I can say that the Mountune car mats are very very good. I've had them for over 6 months and they still look brand new once cleaned. £50 well spent i think.

DSC04838.jpg

Must say I am disappointed with the durability of the dealer supplied Ford velour mats. After 4 months & just 2500 miles there is now a very well worn hole from the heel of my clutch foot :angry: Though I may have a heavy right foot I didn't think I had such a heavy left foot!

Not impressed especially as these are the more expensive mats. This has now got to the point where my heel gets stuck in the hole when raising the clutch pedal.

Anyone have the same problem with these mats?

Any recommendations for more hard wearing mats? Obviously the rubber ones would last longer, but not keen on the look of them.

It also seems that you cannot buy just the driver's side mat on its own. I have only been able to find sets of both front mats or all 4 front & rear mats. It seems obvious to me that the driver's side mat would be the one that would wear the quickest & need replacing most often without needing to replace any of the others.

Uh-oh... *has just purchased these*

You'd think that they'd last longer than that!!!

What is warranty like when it comes to mats?

I'm up to 8 months and 21,000 miles. There is no hole but it definitely looks like the mat is suffering

I'm sure that Ford would say that mats aren't covered by any warranty....

...however <clears throat and puts on a pair of Librarian style glasses>

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act of 1982, Any goods supplied must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose. If they are not the consumer is entitled to a repair, replacement or compensation.

Or in English - if you buy something and it doesn't last as long as it should, the supplier/manufactuer is technically obliged to replace it or compensate you for it - even if you have no warranty or it has expired.

Obviously this will be open to interpretation, but if you can show that normal levels of useage (without any form or abuse) have caused abnormal levels of ware, you should have a pretty good case.

I can say that the Mountune car mats are very very good. I've had them for over 6 months and they still look brand new once cleaned. £50 well spent i think.

DSC04838.jpg

they realy good think i will get my debit card out and order some

The mats that I have have a reinforced heel area. basically it's an extra layer of mat sewn onto the top. Seems to work well, coming up to 10 months and now signs of wear.

Have a look on the "teamtorquesteer" website, who do tailored carpet sets. ~£40, with velcro pads on the underside. This firm did a bulk-buy deal of "Armster" front centre armrests, for members of "www.zsoc.com" forum, with a useful discount.

They are listed on the dealers list on "www.armster.co.uk", with a CLICK link.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking around for the best MK7 Mats also

I came across this site

Ford Mat site

Would these be ok, or is it worth saving and getting the mountune ones?

Thanks

Oh my! I want the black with pink trim!! Anyone used these peeps before?