Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka spare wheel

Nigel Wynne

Hi everybody, just bought my daughter a streetka car winter and she is chuffed to bits with it.

Already I have a question.

One of her alloys was buckled so got a second hand one and some new tyres on the front, so thought the old alloy would be much better than the rusty 14" steel one thats under the boot. So tried to fit it .... and it won't fit! You see adverts for streetka's with an alloy spare so I assume they must fit, but how? Do I need to get the trusty hacksaw out & cut off the uprights or is it a different spare wheel carrier, if so anyone got the part nos?

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody, just bought my daughter a streetka car winter and she is chuffed to bits with it.

Already I have a question.

One of her alloys was buckled so got a second hand one and some new tyres on the front, so thought the old alloy would be much better than the rusty 14" steel one thats under the boot. So tried to fit it .... and it won't fit! You see adverts for streetka's with an alloy spare so I assume they must fit, but how? Do I need to get the trusty hacksaw out & cut off the uprights or is it a different spare wheel carrier, if so anyone got the part nos?

Hi Nigel.

Like you I have just bought my daughter a streetka on a 53 plate. When we picked up the car it had no spare wheel but the dealer promised to get one and deliver it to our house. The wheel duly arrived but we couldn't get it to fit the drop down carrier. The road wheels are 195x45x16 alloys and the spare supplied is 185x60x14 steel. The spare is fractionally smaller in overall diameter than the road wheels.

Have you had any luck sourcing a spare that fits?

Grahane