Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's going on??

marcushudghton1

I have a mk4 fiesta sitting in my garage up on axel stands. When I start the car up (with the car in neutral) the front passenger side wheel spins... However it only happens on the passenger side. Car is fine when it is off the axel stands? Any idea what the issue is? Driveshaft on its way out? Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. 

• Like 3

Ah okay, was worried. Why does it happen though? I've never noticed it on any of my other cars...

1 hour ago, marcushudghton1 said:

Why does it happen though?

I have often seen the wheels turning, when in neutral, on several of my cars. It is just viscous drag (from the oil) within the gearbox, between input shaft & output shaft.

Get someone to press the brake to stop the wheel, then hold it, and release the brake. It should not take too much effort to keep the wheel stopped. If the wheel turns with more force than you can easily hold, then there is a fault in the gearbox. You may find if you hold one wheel, the other will rotate. Chock it if needed.

(I do not advise stopping a rotating wheel by hand, there is quite a lot of momentum there!)

• Like 2

It stops easy when I apply the brakes so I guess it's nothing to worry about, phew

• Like 1

Exactly as above its a viscous drag caused by the oil transferring power.

it definitely is nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club