Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mondeo III lx 2.0 tdci 54 plate

chris bowman

have the above mondeo and there is no illumination on the steering column stalks including the audio conmtrol stalk and the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel when i turn the lights on. is this how it should be or am i looking for a fuse? all other illumination appears to work correctly in and out of the car.

There is no illumination mate - evrything is ok.

cheers buddy!

have the above mondeo and there is no illumination on the steering column stalks including the audio conmtrol stalk and the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel when i turn the lights on. is this how it should be or am i looking for a fuse? all other illumination appears to work correctly in and out of the car.

So how do you see the cruise buttons on the steering wheel at night? :huh:

So how do you see the cruise buttons on the steering wheel at night? :huh:

u can't thats what annoys me about cruise and the stereo stalk. would have thought these would be illuminated, but haynes schematics does not show bulbs in any of these as it does with other switches such as lights heater hazzard etc. if the markings on the switches were illuminous then i could probably see them.

I was going to ask Ford as I find it impossible to use at night. The Zafira I had before had all the steering controls illuminated. Suppose I may have to get some luminous paint as you suggest. :(

I was going to ask Ford as I find it impossible to use at night. The Zafira I had before had all the steering controls illuminated. Suppose I may have to get some luminous paint as you suggest. :(

seems really odd u should struggle to operate the stereo stalk or the cruise after dark. u could mount one of those cheap neon bulbs on the stereo stalk that u usually plug into the cigar lighter but there is no way u can do that on the wheel for cruise

there are raised sections on the buttons for night use, you have just got to remember which is which.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club