Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Windows fault

Lisjan69

I have a 2005 ka which has just had a new clutch fitted, afterwards the electric windows started to stop working. This is intermittent, it can go a couple of days of not working then start again, you can not lock car from passenger side and you cannot hear the central locking when locking from drivers side. I don't know if this problem is caused by having work done on my clutch or just a weird coincidence. 

On 09/07/2016 at 3:54 PM, Lisjan69 said:

cannot hear the central locking when locking from drivers side. I don't know if this problem is caused by having work done on my clutch or just a weird coincidence

I know very little about the Ka (specifically), I am afraid. It happens quite often that an unrelated fault develops after some other job. I have had it. Many faults develop slowly, like bad connections, and the disturbance of other work can just take them that bit further to become apparent. I can not think of a likely direct cause.

If your fault is affecting multiple windows and some locking features, suspect areas will be the driver's door control panel(s), and the BCM (Body Control Module, usually part of the internal (cabin) fusebox.), and the wiring, and any connectors, between these two.

The BCM is a complex electronic module with in-built diagnostic facilities, and these facilities are probably the only way to find problems. There is lots on this site about this, post here if you want to know more.

Peter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club