Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Screen Heater question

10corsham

Hello Forum Members

Is there a separate switch for the rear screen heater/demister? I have checked the manual but I cannot find any reference to this. Does the rear screen heater switch on when the front windscreen heater/demister is switched on?

I may have missed something but I there is no mention of this in the manual.

Cheers 10Corsham

Hi 10 Corsham

See manual page 76.

The separate switch is the button incorporating a tiny led in the centre of the right-hand red-blue heating temperature control.

Following on from the query as to where the switch is, which I think is due in my opinion to the manual being rather poor in terms of layout and overall quality (very thin cover and paper), now that the cold and damp weather of autumn has arrived, does anyone have any comments about the effectiveness of the rear screen heater/demister?

A couple of days ago the inside of my rear window was well misted up, but even after half an hour of switching it on, there was hardly any significant demisting effect.

If the rear window heater is struggling to clear any mist after a maximum of 60 seconds then I suspect there may be a problem with it. Take it to a dealer and get it checked out.

The rear heater switch in most cars is usually the one with a rectangular window symbol, the front screen heater will have an arched window symbol (same as the front wipers stalk symbol)

As a function the heater will only remain active for about 12 minutes (6 minutes on some models). To reactivate it you need to press the switch again. Similarly, on models with heated wing mirrors which are activated when the rear screen heater is selected, the mirror heaters will only stay on for half the amount of time of the window heater so you'll need to switch it off and on again to reactivate the mirror heaters after 6 minutes, even if the LED on the window is still illuminated ;)

Hi 10 Corsham

See manual page 76.

The separate switch is the button incorporating a tiny led in the centre of the right-hand red-blue heating temperature control.

Thanks Tony M

It may be me - but I did not find any reference to the actual switch for the heated rear screen on page 76 of the manual; only that the heated rear screen exists.

Where did you discover any description of the actual switch?

Cheers - Corsham10

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club