Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance and Look 09 Focus

DaveWD

Hi guys, 

Recently joined after browsing alot of the modification posts. Don't really know much about cars and haven't done any real mods to one so this is my way of learning and improving my car the same time. Apologies now for the long post. 

So on the performance side I've read a bit about 

1. Remaps

2. Cold air intakes

3.  New exhaust systems

What sort of prices/difficulty would I be looking at and what sort of gains for each of these mods ( rough ballpark)? Have no idea about good brands and I'm basically looking to get as much power out of the car as possible without spending a stupid amount. Any recommendations and advice is appreciated and any other ways to gain more power. 

Secondly I fancy personalizing it a bit and giving it more of a sporty look I guess.  On this side of things I quite like

1. DRL fogs

2. New lights

3.  New spoiler? Rs? 

4. Possible grill trim colour change? 

Thinking about adding an accent(?)  to the car..  What colour's look good where would be good to add a bit of colour etc.

5. New alloys as mine are the standard.

6. Turbo boost Guages I saw posted yesterday? 

Again any other suggestions to make it a bit better looking would be great.

Also suggestions for insurance? 21 years old and don't want to get screwed to the wall by them if I had to claim and nothings declared. 

Thanks in advance and sorry again for all the questions! Any advice is good advice Cheers.  

2016-07-10 20.06.44.jpg

• Like 1

@lenny

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DaveWD said:

Hi guys, 

Recently joined after browsing alot of the modification posts. Don't really know much about cars and haven't done any real mods to one so this is my way of learning and improving my car the same time. Apologies now for the long post. 

So on the performance side I've read a bit about 

1. Remaps

2. Cold air intakes

3.  New exhaust systems

What sort of prices/difficulty would I be looking at and what sort of gains for each of these mods ( rough ballpark)? Have no idea about good brands and I'm basically looking to get as much power out of the car as possible without spending a stupid amount. Any recommendations and advice is appreciated and any other ways to gain more power. 

Secondly I fancy personalizing it a bit and giving it more of a sporty look I guess.  On this side of things I quite like

1. DRL fogs

2. New lights

3.  New spoiler? Rs? 

4. Possible grill trim colour change? 

Thinking about adding an accent(?)  to the car..  What colour's look good where would be good to add a bit of colour etc.

5. New alloys as mine are the standard.

6. Turbo boost Guages I saw posted yesterday? 

Again any other suggestions to make it a bit better looking would be great.

Also suggestions for insurance? 21 years old and don't want to get screwed to the wall by them if I had to claim and nothings declared. 

Thanks in advance and sorry again for all the questions! Any advice is good advice Cheers.  

2016-07-10 20.06.44.jpg

Welcome ☺

II can advise you aloton all of the above but firstly need to know what engine have you got? 

My list of guides here will help you achieve most of your list 

You may also like to view my 5yr build thread 

Ultimately though; having spent 9,000 on upgrading my focus I have to say; if you want an ST just save the money until your 25 and insurance is lower then modify that. 

I bought 2000 registerd jap import coupe 1.6 petrol Toyota Levin BZR with 170bhp stock twin cam velocity stacked performance for 2,000 euro no esp,  no dpf, no egr just ebs brakes and a limited slip differential 6 speed gear box with a 9000rpm redline 

and had way better fun and that was while the focus stayed at home meaning of I ditched it was still only 2,000 not the end of my daily commuter 

spent over 9k Sterling modifying the focus and although looking great and very economical was a waste of money to be fair.

• Like 1

Hi mate, it's a 2.0tdci 136 bhp. I was looking at trading up for a similar year St or type r but decided to stick with this to not have to spend such a lump in one go. (saving towards first house so this is something to keep me going over a year or two)

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to private message me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 0:52 PM, DaveWD said:

Hi mate, it's a 2.0tdci 136 bhp. I was looking at trading up for a similar year St or type r but decided to stick with this to not have to spend such a lump in one go. (saving towards first house so this is something to keep me going over a year or two)

ECU Remap and induction filter upgrade will give you the most increase in performance of around 30-40bhp 

The exhaust isint really worth changing because the flow is still going to be restricted by the mandatory DPF.

Then for handling;

Eibach lowering springs followed by laser tracking alignment will greatly improve maneuverability,

Some 18" st alloys will also improve lateral grip but bigger wheels contribute to "unsprung mass" which reduces your mpg on all levels of driving.

everything else isn't really worth the investment unless your upgrading the sound system. 

Bluefin for your remaps 

k&n or piper cross for air filter

as for looks

lowing springs

alloys

tints

debadge

gel badges

Silver trim on grill ect spray same colour as car gives it beasty look

Cheers guys, I'll get online over the weekend and start getting some prices.

• Like 1

Had a quick look a bluefin last night, heard alot about Celtic tuning too? Any difference between them?

So here's what i've found so far, looks like it'll cost about a grand total. 

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=57S-4000

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/lowering-springs/car/ford/focus-mk2/2009/2-0td/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-spring-kit-lowers-front-and-rear-30mm

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=2&model=2&variant=1735

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims-tyres/4x-snowflake-18-alloy-wheels-5x108-fit-ford-focus-st-mondeo-connect-/1178212841

Then going to look at spraying grill trim and silver bonnet lip black to match the body colour as Damien suggested. Need to play about on photoshop first to see what it'll look like.

Any opinions?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveWD said:

So here's what i've found so far, looks like it'll cost about a grand total. 

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=57S-4000

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/lowering-springs/car/ford/focus-mk2/2009/2-0td/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-spring-kit-lowers-front-and-rear-30mm

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=2&model=2&variant=1735

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims-tyres/4x-snowflake-18-alloy-wheels-5x108-fit-ford-focus-st-mondeo-connect-/1178212841

Then going to look at spraying grill trim and silver bonnet lip black to match the body colour as Damien suggested. Need to play about on photoshop first to see what it'll look like.

Any opinions?

Should look great 👍

the bonnet lip is available to purchase in primer grey from Ford for around 25GBP 

saves alot of time not having to be quite as careful with removing the existing one .

Cheers that'll save some effort 😂 don't suppose they do that with the grill trim too?

• Like 1

Got a link by any chance Lenny? Had a look on eBay and Google and couldn't find any

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaveWD said:

Got a link by any chance Lenny? Had a look on eBay and Google and couldn't find any

The bonnet lip in primer grey is part number: FINIS1549578 you can purchase from link below they also accept PayPal 
or 
you can phone your local ford dealership and ask the parts section for a price on part "1549578" may be cheaper than purchasing online. 

Image2293-1.jpg

My standard chrome plated one; snapped in three when removing it, although I used a pliers to squeeze and push out the retaining clips underneath the bonnet.

IMG_20121123_093844.jpg

Had all my parts sprayed at local body repair shop gloss black and colour coded moondust silver including the headlight browse, 
Ford don't sell the grills in primer finish just standard plastic.
the upper grill is available in four style options including ST honeycomb and RS mesch.
The lower grill is available in three style options excluding ST & RS because the ST&RS lower grills wont fit the standard bumper its not wide enough opening for bigger grills.

Image2467.jpg

Image2483.jpg

IMG_20140906_115912_zps73o8jji_edit_1411

10583817_762332208354_795285772015860842

• Like 1

Cheers again mate, will get the bonnet lip ordered hoping to start doing a bit next week as I've got some holiday booked. Got a part number for that first grille too? Liking the light brows too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveWD said:

Cheers again mate, will get the bonnet lip ordered hoping to start doing a bit next week as I've got some holiday booked. Got a part number for that first grille too? Liking the light brows too!

Thanks very much👍

I'm on holidays next week myself hopfuly the weather stays good.

The upper ZetecS grill is Part: 1704635

Available brand new here from fordpartsuk.com

Link: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_front_grille_upper_part_f_1704635.htm 

also bit cheaper here for the same zetecS upper grill on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142052629131 save transferring your badge over.

The light brows are paint directly on the headlight lens,

If you take a close look at your own you will see a hairline scribe out of the lens, 

I masked up the line and had them sprayed to match body. 

IMG_20121220_141835.jpg

IMG_20121220_142041.jpg

IMG_20121220_142057.jpg

Friend suggested spraying my alloys black rather than get new ones.. Opinions?

• 2 months later...

Looks like you started with a similar car to mine,  I've done some of the same mods but more for looks than performance. See my thread for ideas if it helps. Good luck with it 20161017_172401.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club