Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 7.5 DRL LED Headlight Swap

Cross Max

2013 Zetec S owner. 

I'm seriously considering changing my standard headlights with standard bulb DRL's for the LED ones as per the ST and Tit. 

From searching on here I see it's a straight swap but needs Ford to reprogramme something.  

Just wondered if anyone has successfully done this swap or spoken with Ford and had success or failure.  

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Plug & play, but the car needs programming for the LED headlights.

Otherwise the DRLs are bright when they should dim, and dim when they should be bright

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Thanks Ginger. Just wondered if a anyone has actually done it.

8 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Plug & play, but the car needs programming for the LED headlights.

Otherwise the DRLs are bright when they should dim, and dim when they should be bright

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Ginge, is this easy to do as I always get LED light envy when I see another Fiesta with them when I'm driving around 

• Like 1

As I say, its as simple as removing your original headlights (3 screws & a clip + a plug)

install & Plug in the new ones

Then visit a Ford master tech/somebody that knows what they're doing with IDS and job done

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

has anyone sucessfully done this, ive tried some time ago and it wouldnt work for me.

What didn't go to plan Ian? The person that's enabling mine has done around 25 cars on his spare Saturdays

switched in ids, but from what i remember the sidelights didnt stay on with ign off. something like that, was when they first came out so some time ago

Losing the will here.

Rang local Ford service Dept who said he'd been asked about fitting these before and said the LEDs use less current so it would need to be totally rewired so looking at £800!  He said you could straight swap them but the LEDs would start dying within a short time.

Next dealer said no sorry we don't get involved in modifications.

Might need the number of yr friend Ginger! I'll keep searching for now!

First dealer is talking absolute rubbish! Hahahaha

That's like saying if you replace any bulb with an LED the LED will die, because it draws less current.. that's not how electronics work! Haha

It just needs a box ticking in IDS

I've heard of a garage in hull that can do it too now but not sure what they're like

• Like 1

I think the problem is getting past the man on the front desk answering the phone.  I'm pretty determined to do this. 

• Like 2

Kieron let me know about the fella in hull? Would be a lot better if I could get it to him as apposed to Brighton!😉

• Like 1

I'll keep my eye on the guinea pig who's getting his car done in hull & post back to you all

• Like 1

Did someone say Brighton? I'm in the South so if there's a contract there could you pm me his details? Parked next to a ZS today with the LEDs grrrrrr

IMAG0586~2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Isn't that a red and black 140  

8 hours ago, The Undertaker said:

Isn't that a red and black 140  

The Red Edition yes 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Kieran does your man still do this with ids? ive fitted some to mine and there the same dim when bright and bright when dim cheers pal

• 1 year later...

I did this on my 65 plate 1.25 and it was a straight swap. Massive improvement.

Hope this helps

Couldn't Forscan be used to reprogram the correct light settings. 

I'm sure I seen a configuration for that when enabling sat nav and disabling that pesky up gear indication.

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I have just fitted some headlight units with LED DRL to a non-LED DRL car. The same problem has happened, bright when should be dim and vice versa. Could anyone recommend someone that could correctly program the car for the lights to work properly? West Midlands based. Cheers.

Not what you asked but if you Download Forscan and buy a switchable OBD2 device you will be able to do it yourself. 

tunnelrat OBD device has been reccomended on this forum many times. they work properly and have been used by lots of forum members including me.

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

Forscan is on the links tab on that website.

Forscan is free for Windows and about 6 or 7 quid for android / apple devices 

All Ford owners should have one.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. 👍

• 3 months later...

I did this to my 63 plate Zetec S 125 but after a week one of my DRL’s died I’ve got the replacement from the company I bought them from but haven’t had the time to put them back in and see if another goes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club