Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 7.5 DRL LED Headlight Swap

Cross Max

Hi Alaesia. Do you recall which settings were changed on Forscan? I just installed LED strip headlights in place of halogens and they are not working properly (dim when they should be bright, not dimming when indicating etc.)

TIA

On 8/1/2019 at 10:06 AM, Cian Onions said:

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. 👍

Hi Cian. Did you ever get this sorted out? I managed to sort mine out last night. I might be a little late to the party but it was relatively simple on Forscan. I can give you the settings if you still need them.

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 11:23 AM, Manfromuncles said:

Hi Cian. Did you ever get this sorted out? I managed to sort mine out last night. I might be a little late to the party but it was relatively simple on Forscan. I can give you the settings if you still need them.

Hello @Manfromuncles, I am facing smilar issue with you guys. After replacement one of my headlight with drl, new one is working only while unlocking the doors. When I start the car, drl are getting off. Can you help me how to fugure out with forscan? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, Manfromuncles said:

Hi Alaesia. Do you recall which settings were changed on Forscan? I just installed LED strip headlights in place of halogens and they are not working properly (dim when they should be bright, not dimming when indicating etc.)

TIA

On 3/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, Manfromuncles said:

I got a replacement from the company but they are dim when should be bright and Vice versa, however I also found they don’t fit completely flush with the bodykit, either it’s just aftermarket ***** and you need official ford ones or the bumper is slightly different size🤔 

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 8:23 AM, Manfromuncles said:

Hi,

looking for some pointers on this please.  I’ve just spent the last hour changing headlight and drl configurations in Forscan but still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 4 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, Manfromuncles said:

On 3/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, Manfromuncles said:

Hi @Manfromuncles

Could you please let us know what configuration you did in Forscan? Thanks in advance!

Was looking in to doing this but no one is helping with the forscan bit!!!

Hi All, 

Just changed my original headlights with norma DRL to ones with LED DRL

The only thing I changed in Forscan is to change the Headlight type to in Central configuration to "Halogen Projector Headlamps". The DRL setting for me was already set to "Dedicated Day Running Light' as my car already dad the normal DRL as mentioned. 

With this change the LED strip is bright in 0 position and with Headlights turned on it is dimmed. It is also dimmes when turning on the turn signal.

2nd picture was made before the coding and as you can see the LEDs are dimmed in position 0. 

Attached you can see the result. 

I hope this helps you!

Fiesta 1.jpg

Fiesta 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, divaka86 said:

Hi All, 

Just changed my original headlights with norma DRL to ones with LED DRL

The only thing I changed in Forscan is to change the Headlight type to in Central configuration to "Halogen Projector Headlamps". The DRL setting for me was already set to "Dedicated Day Running Light' as my car already dad the normal DRL as mentioned. 

With this change the LED strip is bright in 0 position and with Headlights turned on it is dimmed. It is also dimmes when turning on the turn signal.

2nd picture was made before the coding and as you can see the LEDs are dimmed in position 0. 

Attached you can see the result. 

I hope this helps you!

Fiesta 1.jpg

Fiesta 2.jpg

Thanks for this tip.  My son's 2014 Zetec S failed it's MOT the other day due to the side lights not working when the light switch is in the side light position when the ignition is off.  A previous owner had upgraded the head light units to the ones with LED DRL's.  After reading this forum I purchased the "Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch" from amazon (£34.99) and downloaded FORScan and have now made the above change.  The side lights now work exactly as you describe and the car should therefore now pass it's MOT.  Thanks again.

The above USB to OBD2 cable can be purchased from the link here:-

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0952P4MLP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club