Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 mondeo st24

bill aldworth

my keyfob stopped working a few years ago and I was quite happy to operate with the key.

Today the key stopped working and I cannot even lock the doors. Sound advice NEEDED

If you require any further pleas for help  PLEASE ASK 

regards

Bill

so turning the key isnt releasing the dead lock? i would advise a mobile locksmith to gain access to the car and try putting the car in to reprogramming mode put key in ignition turn on and off 4 times then car should make a noise then click the  buttons on the key fob which should get your buttons back working aswell as the lock or you may need a new keyblade as it could be quite worn as it is an old key and car

• Like 1

Sorry just noticed you said you cant lock them so ignore the start and just try reprogramming the fob see if that works or try a new key blade

• 3 years later...

Instead of re-programming, can an auto expert that offers emergency locksmith services and ask him to repair that particular fob as they can make it work again like new easily.

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not even easy for an auto locksmith to provide the remote fob, only those who have direct contact with dealers can provide you these fobs.

• 10 months later...
On 7/12/2016 at 8:53 PM, smurf1242 said:

Sorry just noticed you said you cant lock them so ignore the start and just try reprogramming the fob see if that works or try a new key blade

Is choosing locksmith cincinnati oh experts for reprogramming is a good idea or i should contact the dealership?

Well isn't this an intresting thread started back in July 2016 by Bill Aldworth who never ever came back. Now this thread gets visited every few months by newbies who all just happen to post links to American Auto Locksmiths posted at times which must be the middle of the night in the USA. The other thing is all these newbies all drive the exact same car some sort of n/a except the latest newbie who has an Ecosport. 🤨

• Haha 1

There seems to be a rash of posts by newbies. Someone on here said  it's probably bots. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club