Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to stop water gathering in top strut mount

xxericxx95

Hi, I have a 54 plate fiesta flame and there is water gathering on the O/S suspension top strut mount 

any ideas on a fix on this?

20160712_120602[1].jpg

pour water down the window rubber, find out where its leaking in through. would make a fix easier to decide upon

Spray it with WD40

• Like 1

Grab some of these of a popular auction site 👍🏻 search mk6 fiesta strut seal

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few guys have used short pieces of 22mm copper pipe over the nut and packed with grease. Does as good a job as anything else if your not fussed on looks lol.  

29 minutes ago, supraking said:

pour water down the window rubber, find out where its leaking in through. would make a fix easier to decide upon

No need to pour water, it drips through from the shuttle panel, strut seal after spraying with wd40 as Bobr said

Stick in some grease if it bothers you

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Drive faster. :wink:  Any water that doesn't get centrifugally flung out will be removed by the extra engine bay heat. :biggrin: 

Tbh, I kinda like those eBay caps mentioned above, tempted to buy a pair for mine, not that I'm bothered by the water, just to look different... :laugh: 

• Like 2

If you can't cure the water leak may I suggest getting a gold fish :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I bought some strut seal, but it doesn't fit like its gonna come off. Fitted N/S one just fine tho

20160712_120611[1].jpg

• Thanks 1

I would also suggest checking the springs if the strut tops are rusted - I had the driver side spring snap on me, its a Ford fault on these - just wanted to add that to the mix.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

1¼"/32mm rubber blanking grommets work just as well as those sold as "strut seals" for a third of the price if you shop around.

Just come across this thread! Back when I had my Finesse, my dad noticed this issue and stuck some silver gaffa tape over the top [emoji24][emoji24]

Now that I've replaced this for my Zetec, I might have a look at those seals as I did have my driver side spring snap on me a couple months back...

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

My dad dumped grease in there and taped it up. You want to prevent it from rusting inside otherwise it might be difficult to loosen the bolt and you might need to cut it off. 

• Like 1