Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maxton Design spoiler extension

ThaiFiesta

Hi, does anyone have any experience with Maxton Design equipment, and specifically their SPOILER EXTENSION FORD FIESTA MK7 ST
Product code: FO-FI-7-ST-CAP1 ?  Pic from their website.

http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/fiesta-mk7/spoiler-extension-ford-fiesta-mk7-st.html

I'm also keen to know if it will  fit a Mk7.5 (Mk 7 facelift).  I wasn't aware that the rear factory fitted OEM spoilers were different between Mk7 and Mk7.5, but Maxton only list the spoiler as fitting a Mk7.

Thanks

338-fiesta-st-spojler-dokladka-8_n.jpg

For such a lip I'd be wanting it in a rubber type material like the RS500 Cosworth had fitted and not a plastic bit! Worlds gone plastic mad these days :wacko:

• Like 1

the 7 and 7.5 zetec s and st spoilers are the same.

i do really like the look of this, but am intregued to know if anyone has one fitted?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, supraking said:

the 7 and 7.5 zetec s and st spoilers are the same.

i do really like the look of this, but am intregued to know if anyone has one fitted?

Thanks Ashley.  I thought the same about the spoilers, and was surprised this wasn't indicated on their site.  I also think this is a subtle but distinctive look; a bit less boy racer than the Mountune style extensions.  It looks awesome on the 3 door in their picture.  A pity the 3 door is not available where I am.

Very interested to hear from anyone who has one fitted.

• Like 1

The ST spoiler is different to other models. As confirmed by a number of companies, it has the same Ford part number, but the ST ones are slightly longer. No ones knows why.

From what I have read they don't fit very well, to the ST at least, so I would steer clear.

• Like 2

now im intrigued, need to measure them

and if they dont fit very well, may steer clear

A bodyshop could probably make them fit with a bit of work, but yeah the quality might not be the best

• Like 1

On 14 July 2016 at 9:36 PM, CREED said:

The ST spoiler is different to other models. As confirmed by a number of companies, it has the same Ford part number, but the ST ones are slightly longer. No ones know why.

So does that mean the Mountune spoiler extensions don't fit the Zetec S spoiler also?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

So does that mean the Mountune spoiler extensions don't fit the Zetec S spoiler also?

Yeah, they had two versions, one for the ST and one for the others

• Like 1

Maxton Design have replied to say it will fit a non-ST. So I'm guessing if the ST spoiler is slightly longer it must have the same rear-end profile. 

Still very interested in hearing from anyone who has one fitted. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CREED said:

Sorry, I'm unable to access the link you provided. 

I'm unable to find a review of the Maxton one, let alone a positive one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CREED said:

Yes I saw that. It's referring to the Maxton version of the Mountune extensions, rather than the lip type extension in the pic. Thanks anyway 😉

Oh wait, hang on I've been completely off beat this whole time. I've been referring to the mountune style extensions. I can't comment on the extension you linked haha, my bad.

You should get an M-sport spoiler, more expensive but you know the quality will be spot on: 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CREED said:

You should get an M-sport spoiler, more expensive but you know the quality will be spot on: 

That is a good looking spoiler. I can't find it on their website now though. 

No it isn't on there, email Greg: gmccutcheon@m-sport.co.uk and he will be able to sort one out for you. £269 painted in black or £219 in primer. Plus £30 mainland delivery

• Like 1

Didn't know St spoiler was slightly longer gonna have to look next time I'm parked next to one as I've always thought they are the same lol 

Yeah it's one of those weird things, that's why mountune listed spoiler extensions for the Fiesta and then later for the ST. It's also one of the reasons that they stopped making them as they had to stock two different types.

@CREED always wondered why they stopped making them lol strange hahah

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club