Do Not Sell My Personal Information

URGENT - Wheel Bearing Choice

TomsFocus

So, looks like I can get the bearing pressed in tomorrow lunchtime as long as I can get the hub off (not always easy on these apparently!?).

But there are 2 on ECP.   Its for a 2008 ST150 - I assume they all have ABS but haven't actually checked lol.

This one says for ABS but only up to 2005 - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Fiesta_2.0_2008/p/car-parts/transmission-parts/car-transmission/wheel-bearing-and-wheel-hub/?628590230&1&2b1561a8cf238644e6c9eb2e98083f13e1df3d2b&000370

This one doesn't have a date (so presumably covers all?) but says without ABS - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Fiesta_2.0_2008/p/car-parts/transmission-parts/car-transmission/wheel-bearing-and-wheel-hub/?628590241&1&5f9b9f05de84bd1ab65ef1fa422f4b886402f885&000370

I didn't think choosing the bearing would be the hard part but need to order it by lunchtime today - Help... :unsure:

@iantt @stef123 @GingerFlame

I can't get the links to open but I would imagine a 2005 ST has abs.

the bearing will be the same size so just go for the abs one. 

• Like 1

Yeah the links don't work, must be to do with the new style ECP site. :sad:

I'll go with that one then unless anyone gives me a reason not to, cheers for the swift reply!

Does it give the dimensions of the bearing? Check they are the same

• Like 1

Yeah both the same dimensions.

Both also say 'active sensor bearing', presumably meaning the ABS sensor...yet one can't be if it's for non ABS lol.  Reg is Y M 08 C M E if you've got the time to have a quick look.  Looking at the Lucas ones, £20ish for non ABS, £30ish for ABS (before discount codes).

I think that could be an error on their part. 

Clearly an error somewhere there, I'll go with the ABS one though.

I have ordered the ABS one now, £25 with discount inc free delivery before 6pm so saves me driving across town later.  If it's not the right one, the garage I'll be at tomorrow is 5 mins walk from ECP so can always go get the other one if needed.

• Like 1

Got the bearing but it says focus on the box, are they the same or not!?

ubRguOT.jpg

nZyG2eB.jpg

aQbtbvX.jpg

Here's one I fitted on a focus a couple of weeks ago, the very same bearing 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Hub nuts really loose on the fez, can move it with just a ratchet!  Can it just be torqued up or will the bearing be buggered now anyway?  

@stef123

The new hub nut is loose? Confused slightly lol. 

Hub nuts really loose on the fez, can move it with just a ratchet!  Can it just be torqued up or will the bearing be buggered now anyway?  

@stef123

Cant get rid of that above lol.  

No went to remove the old one and it's loose...rather than the bearing actually being worn!!  Mate said to torque it back up and run it for a few hundred miles.

Oddly there's no stake or anything on the drivesgaft to stop it coming right off!!  I've stuck some thread lock on though.

Ah ok I'm with you. It should be a 'laminated' type nut and torqued to around 300 odd Nm.

chances are the damage has been done to that bearing if it's not been tightened up. 

Nah it's not the OE laminated nut, must've been changed fairly recently tbh, had a new bearing I reckon lol.  Probably the worst hub nut I've seen though, was loose in the 32mm socket and had round corners so felt like it was going to slip permanently.  Didn't dare push it past about 200Nm so I've swapped it for the nut that came with the new bearing as that fitted the socket and had pointy corners, as well as a dab of threadlock.  Said 290Nm on the box so that's what I've done it to, had to tighten the 'good' side as well as that was nowhere near 290 either, despite having the OE nut and looking all original.

It feels ok now, no play or roughness so I'll run it for a bit and see how it feels in a week or 2.  I expect it will fail sooner than if it'd been done properly to start with, but no point changing it just yet if it's still ok atm.

bFfp1CR.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club