Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune is it worth it?

laumk7

I'm getting my grubby hands on a ST-3 soon, and I'm toying with getting the upgrade. So I drive to and from work I don't do track days out and I'm too old to be a boy/girl racer.  

Worth it for me or not?

• Like 1

I've got a friend that got the 215 mountune map on his ST3, he ordered it on the car but had to drive it standard for 2 weeks first. He said it makes such a difference. Although he's now gone from "I'm not modifying it, its staying standard" to wanting to do everything he can! Haha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

You don't have to be mad about speed to want a performance mod as with the correct choice of mod you'll get swifter over taking on the motorway plus extra torque which helps with heavier load carrying and a slight improvement in mpg which will help with saving the pennies as this is something i've been considering for a while but won't be put into practice until i've got my next Ford ..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I'm getting my grubby hands on a ST-3 soon, and I'm toying with getting the upgrade. So I drive to and from work I don't do track days out and I'm too old to be a boy/girl racer.  

Worth it for me or not?

As an ST3 owner, I can heartily recommend it. It's a great car and can do a good job as a daily run-around but it'll be less economical, less comfortable and probably missing a couple of gadgets from your current car.  

I've just had the MP215 upgrade done this week. I've done nothing more than the school run a couple of times so far and not been above 30mph but I can already feel a difference - the car feels like it can breathe a bit easier and is more willing at low revs. I'm looking forward to taking it for a thrashing over the weekend and will be updating my build thread next week.

• Like 2

I don't have an ST3 but a 125ps variant Red Edition and I had the MR 165 upgrade a bit over a week ago. Its like a totally different car. Even the tech who handed the car back over said he couldn't believe the difference it had made from stock. Heaps more torque and it feels like I can push it hard. I had Eibach springs fitted at the same time so the handling has been upped too. It still sounds pretty much stock too which I personally love, might not be to everyone's taste.

• Like 1