Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange noise!

Carpysmith

Hi everyone!

I am currently running a 2005 Focus 1.8tdci Ghia Hatchback. I have noticed that sometimes when it is parked up it makes a high pitched squeak/whine/howl type of noise! It is quite loud and last for about 5 to 10 seconds! Hope that makes sense but I couldn't think of another way to describe it! I usually only notice it in the middle of the night when it is quiet but yesterday it did it while I was emptying the boot! Has anybody on here noticed the same thing or can tell me what it could be?? Regards, carpysmith.

is this with the engine on, or off? and how long after leaving the car alone does it do this?

Hi there! It,s always with with the engine off, sometimes I don't notice it  for ages but the day before yesterday it did it within a minute or so of switching engine off! Very strange! I think it,s haunted lol! Mostly I only notice it at night when it,s quiet, sometimes it wakes me up if car is parked outside house!

Could be the engine sensors checking after shutdown, it could also be the fan coming on for a burst?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

About 5 minutes after mine turns off it makes a whirring sound for about 5 to 10 seconds and apparently it's just the engine performing checks and shutting things down correctly.

Thanks Guys! Don,t think it,s anything like that because sometimes I notice it in middle of night when car has been turned off for hours! it,s deffo not a fan running, it,s more like a high pitched whine! Think I must be going nuts lol!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club