Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vulnerable Footwell Lightbulb - Driver's Side

Tony_M

Hi Fiesta Mk7 Members

I think maybe my query below on this subject got lost in another topic about changing the colour of the lamps.

I have noticed that the right-hand (driver's) side footwell bulb looks very vulnerable to being accidentally kicked and broken, causing shards of glass to end up on the floor. In my Fiesta the driver's side footwell bulb projects below the bottom edge of the dash by 12mm, almost 1/2 inch, but on the front passenger side the bulb is completely recessed and safe from damage.

The unprotected bulb is only a couple of inches away from one's foot when it is on the brake pedal. With a mirror and torch I can see a strong metal bracket about an inch or so higher up behind the dashboard which looks unused, which would be a much better position for the lampholder.

Is it just me being fussy/unduly concerned? What do those of you with footwell lighting think?

I understand what you are saying, if you open the drivers door and stand back you can actually see the bulb protruding underneath. I changed mine to Red LED,S much stonger construction and very pleasing to the eye. Only £6.99 for the pair.

As you say, Titanium, the unprotected light bulb projecting below the dashboard is obvious when you open the driver's door and stand back. The trouble is, replacing it with a LED bulb doesn't solve the problem as these are larger & more expensive if you accidentally break it. Although it would be a real grovel of a job, remounting the lampholder a little higher up behind the dash would make it safer from damage. As my car is only a couple of weeks old I plan to show the problem to the dealer to see if they can do it FOC.

Perhaps you will post an update if you receive any help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club