Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Problem

JaseM

On June 21 2016 I had my Clutch Master Cylinder changed at a local garage because there was a leak at the Clutch pedal and the Clutch could be completely depressed without allowing me to actually change gear.  This was done at 156854 miles. 

Today, 15 July 2016 and at 158237 miles (after only 1383 miles) the same symptoms returned. It was running fine without any issues and mysteriously the exact same problem has occurred. 

Anyone got any idea why this may be?  Could it be the Slave Cylinder?  Should I return it to the garage that supplied and fitted the new Master Cylinder? Should I bother with it as it's not with that much? 

I would return the car to the garage. At 158k there may be other leaks unconnected to the new master cylinder, or a connection needs nipping up.

Good luck

8 hours ago, JaseM said:

Clutch could be completely depressed without allowing me to actually change gear.

If there are leaks other than inside the master cylinder, then the fluid level will drop, and fluid should appear somewhere, to indicate the leak.

Leaks inside the master cylinder will usually return the fluid to the reservoir. If it is the master cylinder, then garage should repair it under some sort of warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club