Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Different models advice needed..

thomasharvey9

Before I start please excuse my lack of knowledge!  Im looking into buy a brand new ford fiesta and need to know which model is best for me out of these three:

1.0 zetec 3dr

1.0 ecoboost zetec 3rd 

1.25 82 zetec 3 dr

I obviously understand the power differences but is there anything else I need to know?

In terms of extra's I want to add the body coloured bumpers, the rear privacy glass, 16" alloy wheels and the full dress up body kit.  I assume all 3 models are able to be fitted with all of those?

I understand that the ecoboost version has different power models but I would go with the lowest one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ive added a picture of the look that I want to go for :')

image.jpeg.48a2bb73f76de5c287416f9c652265ed.jpeg

That's identical to my 1.0 Zetec S Ecoboost.

Fine car, love it, love all the Ecoboost range, I've had 3 in 4 years lol.

What are you having to decide about?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

9 minutes ago, Ffoxy said:

That's identical to my 1.0 Zetec S Ecoboost.

Fine car, love it, love all the Ecoboost range, I've had 3 in 4 years lol.

What are you having to decide about?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

I am just trying to understand that differences between those 3 models, is there anything apart from the power?  I dont understand why the 1.0 is slightly more expensive than the 1.25?

10 minutes ago, thomasharvey9 said:

I am just trying to understand that differences between those 3 models, is there anything apart from the power?  I dont understand why the 1.0 is slightly more expensive than the 1.25?

The Ecoboost engines have a turbocharger, the 1.25 Is naturally aspirated.

• Like 1

Car in the pic is likely a zetec s. You typically won't find the same trim level on a zetec. If you're buying new you can add full dress up kit, etc to a regular zetec,  but I doubt you'll find many used with it. 

Go to Carwow pick the spec that you want get the quote, go to your Ford dealer and ask if they will match the price.

on my Ford Titanium X which has now 100 miles on the clock I saved £4500 by bargaining

the Fiesta X has an extra button for economy driving 

If you want that look your going to be wanting a ZetecS (as new, now the ST-line) or.. A titanium/titanium X with dress up kit which will have the chrome grille on the front. As the titanium/X has 17in"alloys as standard/option for those. You could get a Zetec add the dress up kit like I have. (Mines a 5door) add17in alloys yourself.... 

Go to the ford website and download the fiesta brochure, it will have all the different specs and options, factor in that the dress up kit is £500 and it might make more sense to go for a ST line than a Zetec.

Get prices from drivethedeal and ask your local dealer to match it

eg Zetec in magnetic grey with dress up pack as only option is £11k(can only spec 16" wheels not those in the pic) add £500 for the ecoboost version.

ST line in magnetic, dress up kit and 17" alloys are standard £12.3k(100ps) £12.7k(125ps) £12.9k(140ps)

obviously adding options will bump the price up, going for the kitchen sink bumps the STline up to £14.3k/14.5/14.6 

• Like 2

If you're buying brand new use carwow, amazing what discount you can get

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I have an Ecoboost 100 and you couldn't prize me away from it.   Mind you, it's a five door.   Can't stand the three door version as, being disabled, I can't reach the seatbelt without a struggle.

48 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I have an Ecoboost 100 and you couldn't prize me away from it.   Mind you, it's a five door.   Can't stand the three door version as, being disabled, I can't reach the seatbelt without a struggle.

Our current one is motability for my dad and he had the same complaint, the seatbelt is basically next to the back seat.

• Like 1

Drivethedeal will be cheaper.

Carwow was cheaper for me when I looked at brand new, it was cheaper for the person who bought a focus ST & recommended it to me too :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

3 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Carwow was cheaper for me when I looked at brand new, it was cheaper for the person who bought a focus ST & recommended it to me too :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

To counter that, it wasn't cheaper for me when I bought my current ST or cheaper when I ordered my next ST a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

It'll always depend on what dealers respond on carwow etc

• 3 months later...

Tom did you ever decided on which car to choose?

I purchased a Titanium X with the Dress up kit through Carwow. 

received_1077301669051143.jpeg

20160403_065737.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club