Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Laughable insurance

laumk7

My insurers won't insure my son as a learner  to drive my current car : 1 litre 125bhp as it's been modded, painted wheels,  St valance / diffuser , sub in boot....sounds odd but fair enough right?

Well until you find out they'll insure him to drive (again as a learner) a fiesta ST3 1.6 litre 182bhp :w00t:

Modified is a word that confuses and worries insurers in equal measure, standard they understand.

Oh and the ST is 197bhp (200ps)

3 hours ago, MarksST said:

Oh and the ST is 197bhp (200ps)

You sure? I thought that was the ST200? Ford have it down as 182ps on their site too :unsure:

It's got an overboost which takes it up to 200ps, as its only for 15 seconds or do they aren't allowed to advertise the car as having 200ps so have to use the non overboost figure.

the ST200 on overboost is 215ps (it basically has the mountune map on it) 200ps is the non overboost power output 

• Like 1

15 seconds of overboost!?  It can't be that long surely? 

Insurance is ridiculous with modifications, it'd be cheaper for me to insure a brand new Fiesta ST over my diesel Focus just because it has a stage 1 remap... :rolleyes: 

Insurance companies can be utterly ridiculous.

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

15 seconds of overboost!?  It can't be that long surely? 

Insurance is ridiculous with modifications, it'd be cheaper for me to insure a brand new Fiesta ST over my diesel Focus just because it has a stage 1 remap... :rolleyes: 

I've read different articles and its ranged from 8-21 seconds, to be honest you're not likely to see it come off overboost unless you're in a autobahn or you stay flat out in gear.

with insurance on the ST, if you add the mountune upgrade and insure it as a ST(1,2or3)215 upgrade, the premium is usually lower, because it's claim figures for that model are less than the model without the upgrade.

It's funny isn't it.... we all know insurance companies are ridiculous... we've all known for years and years now.. yet we're still surprised by the levels of idiocy we're subjected to at the hands of the insurance companies...

I had the incident a year ago when my car was damaged, sent to be fixed and they caused lacquer peel on the rear bumper.... had some halfwit tell me the car is not a young car... erm... at the time it was 8 years old...  Yes it's not off the forecourt for crying out loud but it's not a sodding classic car!

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for learner driver insurance. We have a number of schemes than cater for minor modifications.

Regards,

Dan.

2 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for learner driver insurance. We have a number of schemes than cater for minor modifications.

Regards,

Dan.

Hmm the thing I dislike about Adrian Flux Dan is that when you speak to them on the phone to ask for a 'quote' they're very pushy to sell it right there and then... the guys use the excuse "we're only a broker therefore we can't guarantee you'll get this best price next time you phone" and then when you say "I understand that, but I'd like to hold off for just a moment" they start questioning your reasons?....

Or you apply on their website, get told they'll email you shortly with a quote that never materialises

On 19/07/2016 at 0:24 AM, Ianb said:

Hmm the thing I dislike about Adrian Flux Dan is that when you speak to them on the phone to ask for a 'quote' they're very pushy to sell it right there and then... the guys use the excuse "we're only a broker therefore we can't guarantee you'll get this best price next time you phone" and then when you say "I understand that, but I'd like to hold off for just a moment" they start questioning your reasons?....

That'll be because the call centre agents have sales targets to meet.  If they take a call and it doesn't convert to a sale, it will negatively affect their performance targets.  To the customer it (rightly) feels uncomfortable, but they are only doing their job unfortunately.  That's why I only deal with companies who are not desparate for sales and employ a more relaxed approach.

• Like 1

I agree with you Jamie, and I understand why they do it, I just find it a bit sad how "adrian flux" always pushes the great friendly 'oooo, if you want a quote from us, I'm sure we can try and figure something out to see if you're happy with it'... when instead it's more of a "this is the quote, take it now, what do you mean you're not sure? Why aren't you sure?".... The online version on the forum is definitely a Dr Jekyll with the call centres becoming the Mr Hydes....

It's just a shame there isn't a little more uniformity through the company...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club