Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will I notice the power difference?

Keiren125

I'm planning on getting my fiesta zetec s 125 remapped from 123bhp up to 150bhp.

Any of you guys had a similar map, and do you think I would I notice the difference?

Thanks 

certainly will notice the difference - in your insurance premium.

• Like 5

You will feel a big difference, you will find it pulls better and smoother. 

Three weeks ago I installed a Superchips Bluefin remap and I can honestly say you will definitely notice the difference. Especially mid range pull between 2500 to 4000rpm in fifth is vastly improved, I have embarrassed quite a few BMW and Audi outside lane bullies by how quickly I can leave them behind. It added about £50 to my annual insurance premium and cost less than £400 which was definitely money well spent. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bobr said:

certainly will notice the difference - in your insurance premium.

12 hours ago, Taeasz said:

Three weeks ago I installed a Superchips Bluefin remap and I can honestly say you will definitely notice the difference. Especially mid range pull between 2500 to 4000rpm in fifth is vastly improved, I have embarrassed quite a few BMW and Audi outside lane bullies by how quickly I can leave them behind. It added about £50 to my annual insurance premium and cost less than £400 which was definitely money well spent. 

OK so I just made a few phone calls, insurance only goes up by £90 - that's fine.

My car is on PCP so I called Santander and they said as long as it is taken off when I trade the car in for a new one the map is totally fine. Also they need a letter from my insurance saying they approve the mod on my policy.

So all is good! Getting it done tomorrow! Can't wait 

• Like 2

Let us know how you feel about it once you have given it a good blast 

• Like 1

Which remap are you getting done, let us know if it puts a smile on your face :)

• Like 1

On 18/07/2016 at 5:56 PM, 666Damian666 said:

Let us know how you feel about it once you have given it a good blast 

On 18/07/2016 at 7:14 PM, The Undertaker said:

Which remap are you getting done, let us know if it puts a smile on your face :)

Had the remap done today, you can definitely feel the difference! 

3rd gear pulls sooooo much better, this is how they should come standard!

I still need to take it on a proper drive down some good roads but it's definitely worth it.

• Like 1

Sounds good , was it the bluefin you installed , if so how easy to do ?

23 minutes ago, pompeydave1967 said:

Sounds good , was it the bluefin you installed , if so how easy to do ?

It wasn't bluefin, I found a page on Facebook called The Diesel Doctor, had lots of great reviews so I thought id give him a shot. He was late but he let me know so I suppose it was alright.

He was done in 20-25 mins, he downloaded the map from my car, then uploaded a new one to it. Cost me £100 and the car feels much better.

It's now running 150bhp 270nm torque.

Only issue  you have now is you can't take it off and put it back to standard as per you PCP conversation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keiren125 said:

It wasn't bluefin, I found a page on Facebook called The Diesel Doctor, had lots of great reviews so I thought id give him a shot. It's now running 150bhp 270nm torque.

I don't get this at all. Tied financially to a car for £10k~ and get some guy you find off Facebook to change the map for £100. Seems crazy to me tbh. 

19 hours ago, Willy said:

Only issue  you have now is you can't take it off and put it back to standard as per you PCP conversation.

25 minutes ago, opr said:

I don't get this at all. Tied financially to a car for £10k~ and get some guy you find off Facebook to change the map for £100. Seems crazy to me tbh. 

I can remove the map and put back to standard when the PCP is due to finish...

Well I found the website and they had hundreds of good reviews, I waited a few months while I checked it all out and it was all good. Comes with warranty as well so I don't see any issues, it's basically the same as bluefin but instead of buying a £400 bit of kit to use once I can get someone out who has the software to do it for me, for a quarter of the price...

You'll have to pay him to come and put stock map back on, that's if he is still in business and is able to do it.

The difference with bluefin is that it stores your original map on the handset, so you can easily put back the stock map whenever you want, such as before each service.

Just now, alexp999 said:

You'll have to pay himt o come and put stock map back on, that's if he is still in business and is able to do it.

The difference with bluefin is that is stores your original map, so you can easily put back the stock mpa whenever you want, such as before each service.

No I already discussed that with them before he put the map on. They will put the stock map on free of charge, but if I want them to put the new map on again they charge for that, not full price again though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club