Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this sound normal when car starts?

Emrah54

Hi Guys 

I have purchased my car 10 days ago not too sure if this sound is normal, as my father in law was not happy with it and wanted me to get it checked by the place I bought it from. 

This is when the engine is just started 

This one when the engine is hot 

Also is there any chance to get rid of the gear change icon? It is asking me to change my gear to 6th when I'm doing 38 miles per hour.

Is this ur first ecoboost if so they are a bit noisy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikeyd1 said:

Is this ur first ecoboost if so they are a bit noisy

yes this is first ecoboost I had only normal petrol cars in the past. 

if ur close to me ur more than welcome to compare it to mine. I try to not listen with the bonett up lol. But if u are in doubtand got warranty go get it checked out for piece of mind. Im sure some people will give u some more opinions shorty. But they are a bit noisy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyd1 said:

if ur close to me ur more than welcome to compare it to mine. I try to not listen with the bonett up lol. But if u are in doubtand got warranty go get it checked out for piece of mind. Im sure some people will give u some more opinions shorty. But they are a bit noisy

thanks for the offer pal but I'm quite far away from you :). I will wait for more replies to see what others people opinion. Thanks for taking time to reply. 

typical injector slap and no all cars tend to tell you to go to 6th at 40mph

The gear change indicator is only an advisory to give you maximum mpg. Basically it just monitors road speed and load on the engine to suggest the best gear at that moment. It will even prompt you to change down if the engine is labouring. When in a queue of traffic, with speed constantly varying, you are best to ignore it and use a gear that feels comfortable to you.