Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 2008 Turbo Issues, Which part is this?

xxxsingh

Evening all, 

I was just wondering if anyone could help as I have no idea what the part is that I need to get but see attached its a plastic bit that connects the hoses to the turbo and engine that has burst. 

I suspected my turbo had failed as the car juddered pretty hard while driving home from London to Nottingham today however all I could hear was a whistle and a serious loss of power when I put my foot down. 

On closer inspection when I got home I found that it had a hole in the part circled, is this a serviceable replaceable part? If so does anyone know what the part number is or what I should be looking for? 

My vehicle if you need details is a 1.6 TDCi 2008 zetec hatchback

Any help would be much appreciated. 

20160717_165316.jpg

cheers mate will get this ordered and give it a pop at trying to fit over the weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate got another quick question, as can possibly be seen in the photos for some reason the garage who reconditioned my DPF didn't bother refitting the heat shield as they said it was damaged!

However the part in question the intercooler air hose looks like its warped, would this be down to heat shield issue you think?

It is hard to really see from the picture, but that part is plastic, and the exhaust and Turbo give off a lot of heat and enough heat and plastic will distort and or melt.

So yes the heat shield should be fitted.

1 hour ago, xxxsingh said:

garage who reconditioned my DPF didn't bother refitting the heat shield as they said it was damaged!

Perhaps they intended you to replace it, but it was pretty bad of them. Maybe they hope to get the repair work for the heat damage!ohmy.png

Ford are not going to make & fit shields for no purpose. Definitely repair or replace it. That is my advice, like Simon.

• Like 1

Please help,

Got a similar issue with my 2009 focus 1.8 tdci,  no whistle but no power or turbo, got turbo underboost code p0299, ihave checkedall hoses and all i can find is an oily residue all the way down lower intercooler hose,  no spraying anywhere on the engineor drips of oil under car think tbe hose is split?, the oil is a worry, 

Stressed Mick

22 minutes ago, Briggsy1234 said:

all i can find is an oily residue all the way down lower intercooler hose,

Is that inside the hose?

A little oil in these hoses is normal. It comes from the crankcase breather system, and can build up over time. Clean it up as much as possible, re-fit, and see if it comes back very quickly. Have you felt round all 4 hoses. The turbo compressor outlet one is a bit hard to get at.

Next check the MAP sensor, on top of the engine, especially the little hose to it. That senses the turbo boost pressure.

Next is the metal air pipe sections, especially the hot one over the gearbox, and the intercooler itself. Not sure how best to test this, I would find or make plugs for the air hoses on each end, then blow in it, or try to pressurise it with an electric tyre pump, but 20PSi Max!

If oil does re-appear in the air hoses, first check and clean all parts of the crankcase breather and oil separator. The section up and through the cam cover, if really oily, might suggest excess oil going that way into the turbo.

So there are quite a few possibilities to rule out, without considering Turbo problems yet.

Peter.

• Like 1

No the oil is on the outside of the hose, from the inside of the bend all way down to the intercooler, but there is none nowhere else

Might indicate a tiny leak at a hose joint, the top intercooler metal pipe was oily on my car recently. I think that was from a joint, or the air temp. sensor.

But small leaks at joints are not important, it needs quite a lot of air to make any difference to the air flow .

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more information on my issue I had my DPF removed and cleared out as it was blocked spent £360 getting it done by recommended garage who turned out to be a bunch of cowboys by the looks of things. 

Got the car back after two weeks when they said it would take 7 days max, first long journey story as above, I didn't even notice the heat shield missing as above till another mate whos a mechanic said where it was. 

The garage I got the work done from agreed to pay for the part and labour but still will not pay for the heat shield and said I should locate one myself?

I'm tempted to tell them to F Off and go replace it as frankly why should I have to prat about to get all this done?

However as I don't want to risk taking it to them as I don't trust them and would rather charge them for the work does anyone know what the part number is or where one could be located as most salvage yards don't hold onto them!

• 5 years later...

bit late to add to thread but  my 2011 mk2.5  1.6 diesel loss of power etc oily residue over alternator and side of heat shield found split in intercooler pipe drivers side this caused oily residue all back together still no power so felt around every hose and found 2 more splits replaced all (dont you love ebay) and runs like a dream...so please always check every bit dont just assume youve found the culprit

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club