Do Not Sell My Personal Information

etis

J87

hi i was just wondering i was looking on the etis web page about my car and have noticed a few thing on there which mine does not have

ie

tinted glass

dipping rear view mirror and auto h/lamps

and less headlamp control what ever this is

my question is

would there be a way of asking ford to put a few of these things in i.e the tinted glass  as it states on the etis that it should have came from factory and has not

Less means you dont have it, did you buy the car "used" as things may have been replaced as mine came with lower  suspension but as its 16 years old its no longer got the lower suspesion as its been replaced that many times

would there be a way of asking ford to put a few of these things in

As in free? Not a hope in hell. Irrespective of Etis, you bought the car as is, seen, tried and tested, presumably second hand. If you bought it new in 2009 you've left it just a bit late to invoke the Sale of Goods Act :wink:

From what I've read here it's not at all uncommon for etis to be wrong but I've had a Mondeo before and now, a Focus and etis has been correct for me both times.

Tinted glass is very subtle and is marginally darker on the side/rear windows than the windscreen. You may have it without realising. We're not talking limo tint here...

Dipping rear view mirror means it's the old fashioned type with the button/trigger underneath. It would be surprising if you didn't have this. It would say "Electrochromic R/View mirror" if it was auto-dipping. Well, that's what mine says, and has got.

I'm not sure about 'Less Headlamp Control' and 'auto headlamps'. That sounds like a contradiction. Unless 'headlamp control' is the levelling adjuster on the dash near the lighting switch.

My etis says "With Automatic Headlamp Control" and the car has auto-on lighting. I don't know whether that's the same thing.

Wiser heads will, hopefully, clarify.

Good luck

trailertrash

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J87 said:

tinted glass it does say i have it and i dont

dipping rear view mirror i dont have and auto h/lamps ether

i was wondering if it said i had it and dont would i be able to fit it

6 hours ago, J87 said:

hi i was just wondering i was looking on the etis web page about my car and have noticed a few thing on there which mine does not have

ie

tinted glass

dipping rear view mirror and auto h/lamps

and less headlamp control what ever this is

my question is

would there be a way of asking ford to put a few of these things in i.e the tinted glass  as it states on the etis that it should have came from factory and has not

Is your glass stamped with FORD on it? If so it will be original and the glass should be tinted.....tinted btw will be a very subtle tint, not black. Although you may not think the glass is tinted it probably is.

Auto headlamps, check your light switch, it should have a position labelled 'auto'. If not then you don't have auto headlights!

Dipping rear view mirror......there will be a toggle switch on the bottom of the mirror to 'dip' the mirror.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J87 said:

they wont put anything on free of charge if you dont have it you will have to pay for it

• Like 1

all modern focus will have tinted glass as standard , however dark tint , which ford call "privacy glass" , will be an extra that is often included in certain driver / vehical upgrade packages at additional cost when ordered from new.

headlamp control may be the adaptive headlights that turn with the steering , also an additional extra , but thats just a guess on my part.

as for retro fitting any of this equipment yourself ? nah , just enjoy your car as is , you were happy in ignorance until looking at the etis website...........:-)

• Like 2

Mine also says about the "less headlamp control" and "auto headlights" (or something of that nature). I assumed it to be the "See you home" lights when you pull the stalk back with ignition off (and headlamp control the brightness knob).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club