Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AUX/iPod input for 6000 Audio?

stejan1965

I want to connect my iPod into the 6000 audio fitted to a 2004 Focus Ghia. There is no direct input for Aux of course. I am quite happy to go inside the unit with a soldering iron if need-be and I am prepared to have the Aux input instead of the CD which I never use. Has anyone done this? I uploaded a piccy of the unit just to be clear whiich unit it is.

Thanks

Steve

post-10164-1257942217_thumb.jpg

I want to connect my iPod into the 6000 audio fitted to a 2004 Focus Ghia. There is no direct input for Aux of course. I am quite happy to go inside the unit with a soldering iron if need-be and I am prepared to have the Aux input instead of the CD which I never use. Has anyone done this? I uploaded a piccy of the unit just to be clear whiich unit it is.

Thanks

Steve

There's no need for a soldering iron on that unit, unless it is a 6-CD changer head unit.

Assuming it's not (the 6006 has the changer built in), then all you need to do is buy an adapter that plugs into the back of the head unit in the CD changer socket. The other end is either 3.5mm or 2x RCA jacks (L&R audio). Other adaptors are available of course, some that fit the iPod socket itself. This is the one I remember being most simple though.

Link below - £26.99.

HTH.

tsf.

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/...ter/pid/7306202

CTVFOX001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought one of these. It took me all of 2 minutes to fit and it works great! Thanks for the tip.

Steve

There's no need for a soldering iron on that unit, unless it is a 6-CD changer head unit.

Assuming it's not (the 6006 has the changer built in), then all you need to do is buy an adapter that plugs into the back of the head unit in the CD changer socket. The other end is either 3.5mm or 2x RCA jacks (L&R audio). Other adaptors are available of course, some that fit the iPod socket itself. This is the one I remember being most simple though.

Link below - £26.99.

HTH.

tsf.

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/...ter/pid/7306202

CTVFOX001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just came across this thread and its exactly what I am looking to so with my 2003 Zetec. I have the same head unit.

A few questions I hope someone can answer:

1) I assume the cable comes out somewhere under the glove box?

2) How do you select the AUX input?

3) How easy is this to do / what are the chances of me messing things up badly??

Thanks,

Paul

I just bought one of these. It took me all of 2 minutes to fit and it works great! Thanks for the tip.

Steve

Just came across this thread and its exactly what I am looking to so with my 2003 Zetec. I have the same head unit.

A few questions I hope someone can answer:

1) I assume the cable comes out somewhere under the glove box?

2) How do you select the AUX input?

3) How easy is this to do / what are the chances of me messing things up badly??

Thanks,

Paul

On the radio itself, there should be an Aux button, no? Whatever button would normally activate the Ford 6CD changer, will activate this.

You can route the cable wherever you please :) But the logical place to put it is the glove box.

It's an easy task. The hardest bit will probably be getting the head unit out and routing the cable into your glove box. A few minutes of patience and whatnot and you'll be fine.

Glad someone else found this little box - it's dead handy for those who don't want to upgrade their Ford head unit etc.

• 2 months later...

Just realised I had not checked to see if anyone had replied! Anyway, thanks thesilverfox but there is no AUX button on my 6000 model. This means I am out of luck?

Just realised I had not checked to see if anyone had replied! Anyway, thanks thesilverfox but there is no AUX button on my 6000 model. This means I am out of luck?

isnt there an option in the radio menu? okay done some homework the aux input if you have it is found in the glovebox its a small hole that the connector plugs into however it was an option so a lot of cars wont have it the description is.... located at the front of the glovebox, by the catch, a light grey square with a 3.5mm dia hole in it.

From what I understand, the plug and wires emulate a 6 disc changer so the unit "thinks" there is one connected. I would imagine you would just press one of the 1-6 buttons and away you go as they would be used to select a disc in the changer.

Mike

From what I understand, the plug and wires emulate a 6 disc changer so the unit "thinks" there is one connected. I would imagine you would just press one of the 1-6 buttons and away you go as they would be used to select a disc in the changer.

Mike

afetr reading a similar post on a mondeo forum i was lead to believe that without the aux input its not possible as the radio wont recognize the signal ive no idea what that box actually does so i cant say for sure Connects2 CTVFOX002 - Ford Models With Visteon 5000C/6000CD Head Unit. Auxillary Input Adaptor

This auxiliary input adapter enables a seamless connection of external audio source to your factory fitted radio. You can connect any audio sources ( such as portable MP3 player, iPod, etc ) via RCA sockets or by using the supplied RCA to 3.5mm headphone cable.

This auxiliary input interface connect to original head units via the CD changer port and trick the unit into believing it is playing a CD changer, whilst really playing the audio from another sources. This means the audio can be produced at a much higher quality.

Compatible cars:

• Ford Focus 2004 >
  • Ford C-Max 2003 >
  • Ford Mondeo 2003 >
  • Ford Fiesta 2006 - 2008

looks like yopu were right tongue.gif

I've just ordered one so I'll let you guys know how I get on!!

Mike

Mike

personally i whipped it out and fitted an aftermarket one with cd player mp3 memory card usb etc saves all the hassle

I prefer to keep it with the standard head unit, unless you can get a reasonably priced 1.5 DIN unit!! Just not keen on the adaptors.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Mike

Got mine today. It's perfect! I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to buy an aftermarket head unit!

Mike

Edited by Knight Focus

• 6 months later...

I have a 03 CL ford Focus with a 6000cd radio/player which states it is CD changer compatible. There is no AUX output in the glove compartment. So am I out of luck to fit an output lead to my mp3 player? What other options do I have other than having the unit or another unit with aux output??

• 7 months later...

I am thinking of getting this CTVFOX001 adapter so I can plug in a mp3 player to my stereo.

I have one question though, underneath the front passenger seat I have a cable and connector, does anyone know what this is for (is it for a CD changer)?

148.jpg

150.jpg

I have a 03 CL ford Focus with a 6000cd radio/player which states it is CD changer compatible. There is no AUX output in the glove compartment. So am I out of luck to fit an output lead to my mp3 player? What other options do I have other than having the unit or another unit with aux output??

No you just press the CD button twice to enable the CD changer/MP3 player (or whatever you connect). Pressing the CD button will toggle between the builtin CD player on the headunit and whatever you connect to CD changer port.

• 10 months later...

Alright lads, sorry for rehashing an old topic! Just bought a mk3 2003 mondeo diesel today! Low enough miles so very happy.it has the op's radio and I didnt notice a jack in the glove compartment.the above kit looks great but dont think the website has them anymore, any ideas?thanks in advance, david

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club