Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 TDDI EGR Probelm...Please Help

ady2002

Hi All,

I had a problem with my 1.8 TDDI and let a mechanic look at it. Fixed the problem but as as he was showing me i noticed that there was 3 wires flapping about the back of the engine. I looked and noticed that the plug from the EGR was still in bit the wires had been pulled out. BIG PROBLEM <_<

SO...i got lack of power from the turbo and heaps of black smoke. Does anyone have the same year as mine and could u kindly tell me in what possition these wires should go back into the EGR plug, As we have no idea :blink:

1999 Ford Focus Estate 1.8 TDDI

Thanks!

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I had a problem with my 1.8 TDDI and let a mechanic look at it. Fixed the problem but as as he was showing me i noticed that there was 3 wires flapping about the back of the engine. I looked and noticed that the plug from the EGR was still in bit the wires had been pulled out. BIG PROBLEM <_<

SO...i got lack of power from the turbo and heaps of black smoke. Does anyone have the same year as mine and could u kindly tell me in what possition these wires should go back into the EGR plug, As we have no idea :blink:

1999 Ford Focus Estate 1.8 TDDI

Thanks!

Adam

EGR 1.8 TDDI WIRES

post-10459-1259055997_thumb.jpg

post-10459-1259056024_thumb.jpg

post-10459-1259056039_thumb.jpg

EGR 1.8 TDDI WIRES

BEFORE you try and wire yours in accordance with these pics you do need to know the colours of the wires varies from hatch to saloon to estate. My ex wives hatch wires had split when we were buying it some years ago. The garage tried to compare it with my estate and the wires were all different colours. So he checked a saloon they had in and again they were all different from both cars. Curiously both cars are X reg's with build dates only a week apart :blink:

I'm at work at the moment but I will try and take a picture of mine tonight and put it up either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning if thats ok for you?

BEFORE you try and wire yours in accordance with these pics you do need to know the colours of the wires varies from hatch to saloon to estate. My ex wives hatch wires had split when we were buying it some years ago. The garage tried to compare it with my estate and the wires were all different colours. So he checked a saloon they had in and again they were all different from both cars. Curiously both cars are X reg's with build dates only a week apart :blink:

I'm at work at the moment but I will try and take a picture of mine tonight and put it up either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning if thats ok for you?

looked at all 3 models and its the only wire colours i can find

Sorry it being dark I couldnt get a good pic. But if those wires match the colours of yours your set. If not....well you're not lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club