Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused! Mk 1.5 wiring on Gem for aftermarket locking kit.

Mattypompy

Hi guys,

Can any of you electrically savvy folks help me on identifying the correct wiring for installing an aftermarket remote CL kit?

My original one failed when I changed the battery in the fob and the car refused to go into programming mode. I have the Haynes wiring diagram of the GEM and have already connected the power to it. Now I need to identify the correct wires for the two, lock/unlock, from the kit to attach to. I have deduced, hopefully correctly, that I need to connect the lock wire to blk/grn and unlock to blk/org that controls the drivers door motor assembly. I have unplugged all GEM multiplugs that are colour coded. They are, starting up from the floor vertically; blk/grn/blue/wht/purple. Thing is two plugs have said blk/grn and blk/org wires. The white one and the purple one. The white one has two black /org ones.

Can anyone advise which plug I go for?

I have looked at the how to guide but the wiring colours are different. This is a negative trigger system I'm assuming?

I have referred to 

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/ford/7s6qi-need-help-wire-remote-central-locking-car.html

but am none the wiser!

Cheers.

51 plateplate tdci

the truth is most fords are different ive seen 3 different colour looms on the mk1 so far it may be a case of try and test

• Like 1

Here are two Haynes wiring diagrams. One with the GEM ,on the rhs, and the drivers door motor assembly, the other with the door switche wiring. My issues is to identify these on the GEM multiplug. Also a pic of said plugs. A full GEM wiring diagram would be great!!

Cheers guyts.

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

Here are two Haynes wiring diagrams. One with the GEM ,on the rhs, and the drivers door motor assembly, the other with the door switche wiring. My issues is to identify these on the GEM multiplug. Also a pic of said plugs. A full GEM wiring diagram would be great!!

Cheers guyts.

Sorted with help from Dan and his wiring expertise, cheers!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club