Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 ecoboost 100, remap and induction?

Cookey09

Just looking into possible additions to my Zetec, I'm almost finished with exterior modifications, just got alloys and ST rear valance/diffuser to go.. I'm wanting to start on performance mods as soon as the st rear is done. I've been looking into the bluefin superchip, and looks like the way I'd go. I know puma speed and mountune offer remaps too, but can't seem to find the ones that are specific for the 1.0 ecoboost 100... Anyone have any experience with any of the mentioned? 

I've not done the research on induction kits yet. And this is where I'm starting, my brother has just replaced a standard st hose and I believe an air box? Or air filter? And his sounds incredible now. Given its an st they sound better than the tiny 1litre engines anyway😉 But I know "sico-developments" can offer something similar? I'm just unsure what it is that I'd need to be looking into... 

I'll drop some links, if anyone can help me out. It'd be much appreciated. 

Cookey. 

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=1&variant=2866

http://www.sico-developments.co.uk/collections/2012-onwards-mk7-5-fiesta-zetec-s/products/fiesta-mk7-zetec-s-1-0-sico-boost-induction-kit?variant=798012837

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-1-0t - what would I need from here? 

I have a 100bhp with bluefin and its great, 3 and 4 gear is where you see the change. Great if you need to over take on the motorway and very easy to install or take off for a service.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy. I've heard similar reviews before. 

What did you say to your insurers and any increase in premium? 

Im interested in the induction kits too! Had any experience with those? 

It did go up about £60

• Like 1

Fair enough! Thanks mate.

• 2 months later...

Don't own the same car as you mate but j1 induction are pretty decent but also quite pricey! Have a wee look and see if k&n do one because they're good but will cost you a little less! My zetec s has a mountune induction kit and sounds phenomenal with my custom exhaust! Pretty cheap too! 

Dont expect massive increase in power with induction kits, but they will make your car have a better noise!

as for bluefin I've not been a fan of it and tend to try find a custom remap for your car as it will benefit your car and most likely have more gains in bhp!

have a look in your area and do your research before making a final decision!

jonny👌🏻

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JT_Fiesta02 said:

Don't own the same car as you mate but j1 induction are pretty decent but also quite pricey! Have a wee look and see if k&n do one because they're good but will cost you a little less! My zetec s has a mountune induction kit and sounds phenomenal with my custom exhaust! Pretty cheap too! 

Dont expect massive increase in power with induction kits, but they will make your car have a better noise!

as for bluefin I've not been a fan of it and tend to try find a custom remap for your car as it will benefit your car and most likely have more gains in bhp!

have a look in your area and do your research before making a final decision!

jonny👌🏻

Yeah I've noticed that when comparing them to others, but they're highly recommended....

I've also read, albeit, a while ago, that k&n did one and wasn't brilliant....

I might look down the mountune route, after all they are ford recommended. Your custom exhaust? How much did that set you back? And what did you go for?

I'm not expecting an increase in power to be honest, just want to brighten up my engine bay, and make a start on engine and performance mods... 

Cheers mate. 

Cookey.

A j1 with milltek exhaust is supposed to sound pretty nice! 

I went to a place called powerflow, they do custom exhausts and you choose the sound, tips, system! Set me back £350 but it's one of the best investments I've made, especially with the lifetime warranty you get for them!

i love mountune and highly recommend them, my engine bay in my zetec s isn't very appealing but in my st150 is amazing, no mountune but have k&n full induction kit, swapped out the hoses, will be doing all my work on that car!

but have a wee look around and you'll find something, everyone has there own personal opinion, mine, mountune and k&n but others like different 

jonny👌🏻

• Like 1

Why the hell do you guys place so much importance on the sound of your cars?

When I hear a noisy car I immediately think there's a Richard at the wheel.

The 125 is quite capable of burning off most boy racers.

Hit 50+ in a 30 and they're long gone.

Actually, when you get it right, pulling away from the lights is amazing. Most of'em are way back in the mirror.

Similar to the MkII XR2 96bhp.

• Like 1

The J1 at least has some shielding between the intake and the hot engine bay. The others will be drawing in hot engine bay air = less power. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winemart2 said:

Why the hell do you guys place so much importance on the sound of your cars?

When I hear a noisy car I immediately think there's a Richard at the wheel.

The 125 is quite capable of burning off most boy racers.

Hit 50+ in a 30 and they're long gone.

Actually, when you get it right, pulling away from the lights is amazing. Most of'em are way back in the mirror.

Similar to the MkII XR2 96bhp.

In my case, I'm not finding it important to add noise....

Maybe, it's just people have a passion for cars and motors, and like experimenting, a hobby if you will. 

I completely agree, a 125 is capable of such things... Mine (100) is certainly capable of it too. 

I think I might be speaking for some of us here, that it's not a case of adding noise... But developing a bond with your own motor. However that may be.... 

Some like to sit and stare at their standard engine bay... Some like to sit, fit, then stare...  RE: fitting a new exhaust.... Why not? Is it sound I'm going for? No... Is it performance? Not really, it's only a 100. Aesthetic appeal? Maybe. Could I fit an exhaust tip? Yeah, but that means chopping the standard exhaust down... 

Could just be a passion people have.

• Like 1