Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked up my new Edge

StuartRidout

Hi all ... Anyone?

I picked up my new 2016 Edge yesterday and absolutely love it!

So I've signed up to the owners club but I guess there aren't many other Edge owners out there!

hi there , you could be lonley on here. lol nice car, ive driven a few now and like the quiet drive.

I should get my 2016  Edge Sport 2.0. powershift by the end of August early September.:smile:

But I ordered it with a front camera looked on Ford Etis with vin number it says less front camera video but says CAD gen 3 pack is that the camera. :unsure:

My dealer informed me today NO Front Camera. :sad: But I am getting Free Diamond bright plus bag for the inconvenience plus dealer pick up on the 19th August. :yahoo:

My dealer said today as it has arived I can pick it up some time next week. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Had my Titanium 5 weeks now. Not seen another yet! 

It has been getting a lot of attention when parked up and on the move. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had my Titanium 3 weeks now. Have only seen one other in my area, a white Sport version.

Couple of grumbles when picking up car. Worst grumble is the Auto tailgate intermittently loses its auto functionality (as was seen by dealers when I picked it up, this is currently under investigation, as when it went in to be sorted, dealers could not get it to go wrong).

My one getting lots of head turning as well, even by a Range Rover owner that I had parked next to (lol).

Really enjoying the car.

Dave

Maybe if you're in the Southend area. :rolleyes:

The white one is the only other one I have seen on the road, even though I work very close to my local dealership (virtually next door).

Car going in today for warranty work on rear upholstery, couple of marks that have come to light.

Photos taken of rear seat imperfections for warranty claim. Waiting for dealer to get correct paint in for few paint defects that have now come to light.

Have tried to load picture of my car so that it appears in left window, so will see if it shows up. Also will see if uploaded picture appears below

My dealer told me that there is now a 9 month wait when orderiing an Edge

Dave

DavesEdge.jpg

Placed my order on Friday last week for a Titanium, Powershift in Magnetic grey, quoted 2-4 weeks for delivery as I went for a car already built as they had the colour/spec I wanted.

Really looking forward to getting it, love driving something rare!!

Hi Andy

Hope you enjoy your Edge, when you take delivery of it, as much as I am still enjoying mine. Dave

Thanks Dave, me too.

Had a bit of a wobble since placing the order which was all done in a rush to be honest. I went back to look at the Discovery Sport and X3 and whilst on balance both are probably superior cars, neither were affordable in the spec I would want. The 0.9% APR Ford Finance is really hard to beat and I got a very good discount based on placing the order this month.

Collection date is Oct 22nd so counting down the days now.

On 23 July 2016 at 8:58 PM, StuartRidout said:

Hi all ... Anyone?

I picked up my new 2016 Edge yesterday and absolutely love it!

So I've signed up to the owners club but I guess there aren't many other Edge owners out there!

Hi mate, had my Edge sport 6 weeks loving it

image.jpegEdge sport, glass roof, leather manual , in electicspice 👍👍👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up mine today , not too bad at all other than drivers electric seat don't work ? Just a clicking sound and no movement 

IMG_8066.JPG

• Like 1

Cheers mate be ok once I can move drivers seat ! No electric ? Just a clicking noise.

1 hour ago, Wickyst said:

Cheers mate be ok once I can move drivers seat ! No electric ? Just a clicking noise.

Lovely looking car. White would have been my 2nd choice of colour. 

I had the use of a white sport model while mine was in having some issues sorted. Loved the auto parking feature though it did freak out the Mrs! 😀

Dealers finally got back to me about rear seats. Car going in 3 Nov to get sorted. Reminded dealers about tailgate fault as still playing up. Seems to always go wrong in the rain.

Have not tried the 2 auto park features yet, will try them soon.

Can I ask what the issue is with your rear seats?

I tried the electric fold down switch yesterday, only to find the two part seat only folds half way. 

What is the point of the electric fold down system if the do not return to the upright position electrically? Strange. 

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with my rear seats is that there is a blemish on the black leather, looks like a light grey line right across the centre of the rear seat base. My seats seem to go about 3/4 of the way down when powered down, but I too have to return them manually.

Electric tailgate worsened whilst on holiday last week, am so not impressed with the auto/manual of this. Dealers will be asked to get this sorted out for good when car goes in next week, along with the sensors now playing up, trying to side park me whilst going round a roundabout, really? & saying I too close to cars/bikes when they are in the other lane on a dual carriageway or motorway. These new problems only came to light whilst on a short break holiday. Dealers will wonder what's hit them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club