Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just had accident :(

Patrico777

11 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Don't get another ford if possible...rubbish cars!

What should I get then 4k max ?

Don't claim for an injury if you don't have an injury. I disagree with the comment saying to claim... 

If the car is damaged then of course claim for that, but don't start adding "oh my back/neck/ballsack aches"....

At the end of the day, yes it's included in our premiums, however if they are forever drained then the premiums will increase, because those NOT being claimed are what makes the money for the insurance companies (amongst everything else)... so the more money claimed, they less they make, therefore the more they charge.... it's simple..

I think I'm a regular on here, I don't get your "crap cars" comment... maybe I missed something...

• Like 5

Hope you weren't hurt.

Having gone through this, I have a couple of pointers... never accept the insurance company's first offer.  Probably don't even accept their second offer.

What you need to do is back up what you say to them.  They have to give you market value (not that on the Glass's guide) and so you have to find comparable examples on the market, within a reasonable distance from your home.  Comparable in terms of model, specification, year, mileage, condition, etc.  And this does not include private sales.  Present your findings to the other insurer and don't let them fob you off.  They have to give you enough money to replace your car with another similar one.

Remember - they are a business and they and their shareholders have an aim of paying as little as possible. And once you agree to their offer - you can't go back on it.  So don't agree a price unless you are happy.  Just back up what you say to them.

Good luck :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

Hope you weren't hurt.

Having gone through this, I have a couple of pointers... never accept the insurance company's first offer.  Probably don't even accept their second offer.

What you need to do is back up what you say to them.  They have to give you market value (not that on the Glass's guide) and so you have to find comparable examples on the market, within a reasonable distance from your home.  Comparable in terms of model, specification, year, mileage, condition, etc.  And this does not include private sales.  Present your findings to the other insurer and don't let them fob you off.  They have to give you enough money to replace your car with another similar one.

Remember - they are a business and they and their shareholders have an aim of paying as little as possible. And once you agree to their offer - you can't go back on it.  So don't agree a price unless you are happy.  Just back up what you say to them.

Good luck :)

Thanks yeah I have soft tissue damage its painfull the lower back not playing up, They going to call me tomorrow morning regarding the accident I had call from slater gordon and from my insurance will be tomorrow so let see what they say you think its write off ?

6 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Thanks yeah I have soft tissue damage its painfull the lower back not playing up, They going to call me tomorrow morning regarding the accident I had call from slater gordon and from my insurance will be tomorrow so let see what they say you think its write off ?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal quickly.

I'm afraid I don't know whether it's a write off.  Different insurers treat claims differently.  Mine was more cost effective to fix, but the insurer chose to write it off for reasons only insurance companies can understand.  I just went with it as I wanted rid of the car anyway.  I think it was to do with the administration costs around fixing, factoring in courtesy cars, etc.  They work on formulas and a computer says no type attitude.

So yeah, depending on what mood the company is in, you may get your car back or a cheque!  Be warned that some insurers expect the courtesy car back immediately after issuing you with a cheque.  So don't get caught without a car.

7 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

I'm afraid I don't know whether it's a write off.  Different insurers treat claims differently.  Mine was more cost effective to fix, but the insurer chose to write it off for reasons only insurance companies can understand.  I just went with it as I wanted rid of the car anyway.  I think it was to do with the administration costs around fixing, factoring in courtesy cars, etc.  They work on formulas and a computer says no type attitude.

So yeah, depending on what mood the company is in, you may get your car back or a cheque!  Be warned that some insurers expect the courtesy car back immediately after issuing you with a cheque.  So don't get caught without a car.

Yeah hopefully they write off it will be cat and I dont want that does not have value anymore, I have been looking after this car so much and look pop and its gonne lol hopefully I can find another one like that I wanted the st150 but it might eat loads of fuel so maybe the celebrations edition let see :)

Id buy exactly the same car if thats all the damage at that speed.Most cars especially new cars would have been unrecognizable. I was hit at that speed in a company vectra (disco hit the back) and id hate to think if id had work colleages in the back.I ended up having 12 weeks of physio.

1 hour ago, davyo said:

Id buy exactly the same car if thats all the damage at that speed.Most cars especially new cars would have been unrecognizable. I was hit at that speed in a company vectra (disco hit the back) and id hate to think if id had work colleages in the back.I ended up having 12 weeks of physio.

Yes The car is damaged so much not sure what thsy going to do with that v

11 hours ago, GaryPL said:

I think Im gonna keep the car why give it to them for couple hundreds if I can repair ir and sell it no?

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

I think Im gonna keep the car why give it to them for couple hundreds if I can repair ir and sell it no?

Won't be as easy as that though. Keep in mind that your car will then be recorded as probably a category D write off. This'll affect your ability to sell it as people are suspicious of these.  Frankly, the only vehicles most will consider accepting as a cat D are at the new end if the market where a genuine bargain can be had on a nearly new car. Might be wrong on this but I think you also have to get the vehicle inspected before you can sell it after a write off repair.

To put it simply, I think you'll struggle to make much money off of it. Sorry! Good luck to you if you try and I hope you make a good few quid :-) 

17 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

Won't be as easy as that though. Keep in mind that your car will then be recorded as probably a category D write off. This'll affect your ability to sell it as people are suspicious of these.  Frankly, the only vehicles most will consider accepting as a cat D are at the new end if the market where a genuine bargain can be had on a nearly new car. Might be wrong on this but I think you also have to get the vehicle inspected before you can sell it after a write off repair.

To put it simply, I think you'll struggle to make much money off of it. Sorry! Good luck to you if you try and I hope you make a good few quid :-) 

Say I put it to repair my friend at garage can do it for couple hundreds have fresh mot and maybe keep the car I think if its repaired I can sell it for 1500-2000 easily and that way I would get money for car + sel the car or anything will see need to have a think about it But anyway saythey give me 4k and take the car or give me 3,900 and keep that car that is worth it even if I sell on parts or what ever  still make more money from it 

• Like 1

You'll probably need to get an engineer's report done on it after the repairs (not 100% sure). My car is a cat d or c (can't remember) wouldn't have thought it at all... The price was good for the mileage, age etc. However it was a lease hire before so rather than repair it's easier for them to write it off...

10 minutes ago, Ianb said:

You'll probably need to get an engineer's report done on it after the repairs (not 100% sure). My car is a cat d or c (can't remember) wouldn't have thought it at all... The price was good for the mileage, age etc. However it was a lease hire before so rather than repair it's easier for them to write it off...

No I can do wht ever I want with my car sell pr keep repair anything they said just needs new mot

I got rear ended 5 years ago now,, the guy who hit me never even braked.. 

I had not only my own insurance but other companies ringing for a good 2-3 months after wanting to know if I wanted to make a claim.. I told them I was fine but they were has good as telling me to put a claim in..

I didn't and wouldn't recommend anyone putting in a claim for the sake of it.. Regardless of how you try to paint it over saying the money is already there etc they are cracking down on this and it's fraud at the end of the day.. If you are genuinely hurt then fair enough and carry on but to put in a claim for the sake of it I would be really careful.. It might be more than just the value of your car you loose..

Dont think I'm classed as a regular poster has I can't help as much as I would like but I am a regular visitor (everyday) and I don't get the "don't buy another Ford" and even if I did what about all the new members who have just bought there pride and joy to come on and read that..

Anyway to the OP I'm gutted for you about your car,, I'm sure it t will get sorted and with him rear ending you,, you should have no worries regarding getting your car sorted either by them repairing it for you or if the worst happens getting paid out if it's wrote off..

Good luck and I hope it gets sorted quickly for you..

Stu

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stuart jj said:

I got rear ended 5 years ago now,, the guy who hit me never even braked.. 

I had not only my own insurance but other companies ringing for a good 2-3 months after wanting to know if I wanted to make a claim.. I told them I was fine but they were has good as telling me to put a claim in..

I didn't and wouldn't recommend anyone putting in a claim for the sake of it.. Regardless of how you try to paint it over saying the money is already there etc they are cracking down on this and it's fraud at the end of the day.. If you are genuinely hurt then fair enough and carry on but to put in a claim for the sake of it I would be really careful.. It might be more than just the value of your car you loose..

Dont think I'm classed as a regular poster has I can't help as much as I would like but I am a regular visitor (everyday) and I don't get the "don't buy another Ford" and even if I did what about all the new members who have just bought there pride and joy to come on and read that..

Anyway to the OP I'm gutted for you about your car,, I'm sure it t will get sorted and with him rear ending you,, you should have no worries regarding getting your car sorted either by them repairing it for you or if the worst happens getting paid out if it's wrote off..

Good luck and I hope it gets sorted quickly for you..

Stu

Thanks for that I got injuries my whole lower back is in so much pain and my arm is well so I did claim as It hurts a lot, I got courtesy car now but I am scared to drive it lol as its 2016 new car Monday thsy going to take my car to garage my friend mechanic from garage told me its %100 write off I will keep the car and repair it and keep it if the automotive axle is ok if its moved or damaged I will be selling it and buying same ford again Maybe I get the mk7 zetec s or an st150 there is not many on market now in white colour as I want white one but hopefully my car should be ok to repair and keep it maybe sell it later let see what happends

3 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

.....mechanic from garage told me its %100 write off I will keep the car and repair it and keep it if the automotive axle is ok if its moved or damaged I will be selling it ......

Tell me I'm reading that wrong? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Tell me I'm reading that wrong? 

Your not, you cannot repair a car that's a write off. Write off is unrepairable ( is that a word?) OP

• Like 2

Write off just means beyond economical repair.

You can repair them, but if damage is bad enough they will need a certificate to say they are safe again.

• Like 4

It sounds like, how I'm reading it the OP is going to buy back the car regardless and if he cannot repair it sell it on to some poor unfortunate who hasnt checked its history (they exist sadly). If that's indeed the case of OP you've really slumped in my opinion of you....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pullock said:

Your not, you cannot repair a car that's a write off. Write off is unrepairable ( is that a word?) OP

Not without massive work, definitely not a diy challenge 

• Like 1

Just now, laumk7 said:

Not without massive work, definitely not a diy challenge 

And it would never be as strong as it once was should it be involved in another accident, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Like 2

No way on earth that was hit at 40 MPH or over, pigs don't fly. Unless you added a new bumper to the pic.

• Like 3

Totally agree with Incontro, no way was that hit at over 30mph. My cousins Polo was hit up the back by a driver doing nearly 50mph and there wasn't much left of it...

Also, if you buy the car back either repair it properly or break and scrap it. There are enough dangerous cars on the roads already without yours being another one!

• Like 2

Perhaps the OP got 50 mixed up with 15 lol, either way while the car is at the garage the insurers are gonna find out the truth, they always do 

2 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Perhaps the OP got 50 mixed up with 15 lol, either way while the car is at the garage the insurers are gonna find out the truth, they always do 

That is true it seemed so fast, let see what they say maybe I keep car or sell it like its without repair

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club