Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just had accident :(

Patrico777

8 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Totally agree with Incontro, no way was that hit at over 30mph. My cousins Polo was hit up the back by a driver doing nearly 50mph and there wasn't much left of it...

Also, if you buy the car back either repair it properly or break and scrap it. There are enough dangerous cars on the roads already without yours being another one!

I need to wait for result and see what happens is it worth repairing and keepin it ?

36 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

I need to wait for result and see what happens is it worth repairing and keepin it ?

If it's a write off no its not worth repairing and keeping,  it's not a special car (except to you probably), it's not a special edition,  it won't be missed if it goes off to the great scrap yard in the sky

• Like 2

Just need to wait and see what the damage report says tbh.  Though with a crumpled boot floor that won't be an easy repair!  Bumper and rear axle are cheap and easy bolt on parts if it's only that though.

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just need to wait and see what the damage report says tbh.  Though with a crumpled boot floor that won't be an easy repair!  Bumper and rear axle are cheap and easy bolt on parts if it's only that though.

I included pictures ? Of boot bumper did u see ?

Yeah the bumper is obviously knackered but I can't tell how bad the boot floor is from the pics, if that needs fixing I wouldn't bother, but if its only the bolted on parts then I would.  I've bought a few cat Ds in the past, some to break for parts, some to sell on, would never buy one as my daily though lol, just don't like the idea of it.

You can see creases in the boot floor from his pics.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You can see creases in the boot floor from his pics.

Yes I think its broken is well

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Really gutted for you @Patrico777 ,i've only been on here a short while but know how much the car means to you,at least you're still alive although in some pain. Some good advice above (mainly where i've 'liked' certain posts) but unfortunately some Muppets have chimed in with rubbish,just ignore them.

Three years ago my Lexus was written off due to my Girlfriend's chimney landing on top of it during a storm,rejected three of their lowball offers before finally accepting. Still paying over the top for Insurance even now although i was Comprehensive with protected no-claims so whatever the outcome be prepared for higher premiums next time you renew. No claims means no claims,not no blame! Insurance Companies take many things into account & also the cost of a courtesy car when deciding if it's an economical repair or not,if repairing a written off car was all that easy then everyone would be doing it wouldn't they? Did you notify them of any mods you've done i.e. painted brake calipers,wind deflectors,back boxes,tinted glass etc? Cover all your bases but be honest & truthful at all times.

Anyway,don't think this website servers could cope with all your questions if you go ahead & try to repair it yourself :sad:    

On 30. júla 2016 at 0:05 AM, SpannerTheCat said:

Really gutted for you @Patrico777 ,i've only been on here a short while but know how much the car means to you,at least you're still alive although in some pain. Some good advice above (mainly where i've 'liked' certain posts) but unfortunately some Muppets have chimed in with rubbish,just ignore them.

Three years ago my Lexus was written off due to my Girlfriend's chimney landing on top of it during a storm,rejected three of their lowball offers before finally accepting. Still paying over the top for Insurance even now although i was Comprehensive with protected no-claims so whatever the outcome be prepared for higher premiums next time you renew. No claims means no claims,not no blame! Insurance Companies take many things into account & also the cost of a courtesy car when deciding if it's an economical repair or not,if repairing a written off car was all that easy then everyone would be doing it wouldn't they? Did you notify them of any mods you've done i.e. painted brake calipers,wind deflectors,back boxes,tinted glass etc? Cover all your bases but be honest & truthful at all times.

Anyway,don't think this website servers could cope with all your questions if you go ahead & try to repair it yourself :sad:    Not sure what to do I will keep the car and put it up for sale like its mate and get mk7 my premium will go up? That is not good I bave been paying 140 a month this year then in December will have my first year bonus which I have been queted on and ST150 85£ month I was so happy it will be going down bt like you said go up I am guttered 

Info for Spanner. Just coz you have protected no claims doesn't exactly mean protected. It's Partially protected that's why you premium went up after your lexus was written off.

Personally I have 17 years no claims bonus but it means diddly squat. Companies stop counting after 9 years.

• Like 1

Protected no claims is a bit of a fiddle anyway. Yes, you keep the no claims discount you have accrued but your current year is written off. You also have to report incidents which affects your premium anyway, fault or no fault.

And in the case of my insurer, if you start with 9 years and have an accident, you go down to 4 - a 5 year drop. But if you start with 4 years, you go down to 2 - a 2 year drop.

So yeah, this is a strong arm by which to get you to cough up a bit more on your premium, so you can 'protect' it :-) 

• Like 1

Been to bodyshop showed them pictures of the car boot they said it need pulling out with some machine it will cost at least 1k to fix and bumper will never be straight allined,  Im starting to look for a new car 

Glad you are ok, looks like that car would be a write off due to the damage to the boot floor, worth looking around for another car unfortunately, good to also note that you informed the insurer of all the mods on the car - some can be very picky if they do claim out at all.

On 30. júla 2016 at 6:44 PM, m1tch said:

Glad you are ok, looks like that car would be a write off due to the damage to the boot floor, worth looking around for another car unfortunately, good to also note that you informed the insurer of all the mods on the car - some can be very picky if they do claim out at all.

22 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Totally agree with Incontro, no way was that hit at over 30mph. My cousins Polo was hit up the back by a driver doing nearly 50mph and there wasn't much left of it...

Also, if you buy the car back either repair it properly or break and scrap it. There are enough dangerous cars on the roads already without yours being another one!

Must have been one hell of a whiplash! :blink:

52 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Must have been one hell of a whiplash! :blink:

Its painfull never throught it could be painfull, I will not bother repairing it sell like its for 1000-1500 let see

Just now, Patrico777 said:

Its painfull never throught it could be painfull, I will not bother repairing it sell like its for 1000-1500 let see

If its a cat C or cat D write off.

43 minutes ago, m1tch said:

If its a cat C or cat D write off.

Yeah why not, someone will buy and repair for him?

24 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah why not, someone will buy and repair for him?

Cat B is for parts only, Cat A is scrap only.

12 minutes ago, m1tch said:

Cat B is for parts only, Cat A is scrap only.

Is it ??? i cannot sell it ???

I hate people who make cars damaged such a waste off them and it doesn't help that you can't have the cat taken off

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, gampla said:

I hate people who make cars damaged such a waste off them and it doesn't help that you can't have the cat taken off

I did not damage my car i was hit from rear by ither car 

I know people are just !Removed! I swear people are jealous

9 minutes ago, gampla said:

Sorry?

Sorry?

I reckon people are jealous that you drive a Ford lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club