Do Not Sell My Personal Information

poor radio reception

GrahamH

Hi,

recently bought 06 Mondeo estate zetec with built in sat nav. Don't find using the sat nav very user friendly but the real prob is the poor radio reception. Is this a common prob with this setup? It loses the station all the time and is forever changing stations to one with stronger signal strength. Would give up and replace with better radio/cd player but how do I get over the size of the present unit?

grateful for any advice. :(

Hi,

recently bought 06 Mondeo estate zetec with built in sat nav. Don't find using the sat nav very user friendly but the real prob is the poor radio reception. Is this a common prob with this setup? It loses the station all the time and is forever changing stations to one with stronger signal strength. Would give up and replace with better radio/cd player but how do I get over the size of the present unit?

grateful for any advice. :(

try to turn off the auto fine tune. the stereo will always mess about with reception if this is turned on

thanks will try that. Maybe will also try cleaning aerial connection also.

If you wanted to change the head unit there are 2 routes you can take.

1. Replace the ford unit with whats called a double din unit, its the same size as a ford stereo.

or

2. Fit a standard size head unit using a fascia plate that reduces the size old the stereo hole to a single din.

Halfords will give you an idea of what to look for, although you may find better deals online