Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost MPG Over 80 and rising!? Help.

Rob89

Hello

I have a Ford Focus Titanium X 2015 1.0 Ecoboost, 6 Speed etc. My Trip is reading that I am averaging over 80MPG but I'm only getting around 400miles out of a full tank.
It also keeps creeping up every so many days when I start the engine up.

This can't be normal as my car is a one of a kind that can break the laboratory perfect conditions average MPG they put on paper.

I need help on what to do. Contact my dealership to see if it's faulty or will a reset fix it?

Here's a pic.
DSC_0013.jpg

If it's under warranty (which I'm guessing it is being 2015) and you are concerned that it isn't computing right, I would say call your dealer and at least ask the question.

It could well be a software issue that needs an update, and this should be done free of charge within the warranty period. Certainly was on my 1.5 TDCi when my APIM decided to take 7+ hours to accept new software!

None of these trip computers are very accurate but yours defies the imagination.   Mine reads 40mpg when the actual mileage is 44.   My last car was way over and read 40mpg when it was doing 33.

when you zero the mpg, does it still come up with same figures after a drive?

has it been like that from new?

51 minutes ago, Bobr said:

None of these trip computers are very accurate but yours defies the imagination.   Mine reads 40mpg when the actual mileage is 44.   My last car was way over and read 40mpg when it was doing 33.

Arnt they very accurate even on the newish models?  Mine is a 55 plate Zetec climate and was wondering how accurate mine is.But I decided to do mine by working it out on the speedo

I'm going to give it a reset for a week and see how it fairs. As now the engine has been run-in since I bought it with 12miles on the clock.

mind reads 58mpg and when refilling it works out at 55mpg, so not accurate but not far off. most ive had showing over a tank full is 64mpg but that was painfull driving. lol only did it once just to see if it could be achieved.

My 1.5 TDCi is reading 56.8mpg at present. Haven't checked to see how accurate it is mind.

I filled her up to full on Wednesday, and I've done about 520miles with another 60 or so left, but that's not budged really this morning.

There is one point I think worth bearing in mind. If you do a brim-to-brim mpg test that will give your average over maybe a couple of hundred miles. The car calculates a running average and will likely be updating the figure based on very much shorter recent mileage so, depending on the type of driving, this could well turn out different from the long-term average.

Of course, when you start to consider all the variables involved in the calculation it's actually quite surprising it's anywhere near accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done a brim-to-brim test on my 1.0 EcoBoost and over 366 miles it averaged 44.98mpg. The computer is currently showing 44.7mpg. The driving has been almost exclusively on dual-carriageway and A-road single carriageways with no town driving to speak of. The computer hovers around 44.4 to 44.7 depending on cruising speed and traffic conditions (and how lively my driving is, obviously) so I'm pretty happy with that degree of accuracy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club