Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio / sat nav ststem

bikeit

The radio system in my Ford focus 2008 is not working and im looking a replacement unit like the one in the photo, so any one know where is the best place to pick a secondhand one up?

ford radio.jpg

You can keep an eye on the classified section here on the forum or look on eBay

Another alternative is the eonon head units.

eBay because a new head unit from Ford will cost £££££££!

• Like 1

This radio is the Ford/Blaupunkt Travelpilot FX. Depending on the exact version of the FX a new one from Ford costs between €1500,- and €2500,-.

The Travelpilot FX is a very sensitive piece of electronics. This type of radio is known for its problems. Sudden black screens or the unit stop working completely (temporarily or permanently) are just a few examples. Because of these problems Bosch/Blaupunkt offered an extended warranty period (out of goodwill) for a number of different part numbers. However this extended period ended last year on 31-12-2015.

Basically the Travelpilot FX has a number of electronic components that are known to fail. Sometimes the failing of one components leads to a chain reaction and causes other components to fail also. The Travelpilot FX is very sensitive for low battery voltage. A bad or defect battery often causes the Travelpilot FX to break down.

There are several companies that offer repair/overhaul services for the Travelpilot FX. They can replace all weak components for uprated parts and often offer a warranty period (some even offer a lifetime warranty). However overhaul of the Travelpilot FX is usually not cheap.

Because many Travelpilot FX radio's break down there is a large demand for used working ones. A used, working Travelpilot FX easily sells for prices between €250,- and €400,-. Personally I would only buy a Travelpilot FX that has been overhauled with uprated parts otherwise it may only be a matter of time before it also breaks down.

Note that there are several different versions of the Travelpilot FX. Many of them look identical but are technically different. A Travelpilot FX from a Mondeo MK4 or S-max/Galaxy is not suitable for a Focus MK2/MK2.5.

I would go aftermarket.

More stable and better navigation software.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks guys for your help, so i now know that the sat nav system is v expensive, so what other radio / cd system could i get to fit the car without have to buy fascia bits

Brilliant system but i wouldn't pay that amount on a car im thinking about selling.

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club