Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Classic

john1287

Hi

I have the bluetooth pack and y cable.

My sons nano and iPhone work ok, but my older classic ipod does not get recognised by the car.

When i connect it says the device is not supported. :-(

I have tried the remedy for inserting the usb first then the jack but to no avail.

I really dont eant to buy another ipod. I want to uset he steering controls etc too so cannot just use the jack (which works fine by the way).

Anyone had similiar issues they managed to resolve?

Any help much appreciated.

Can't speak from experience but when you say ipod 'classic', what generation of ipod are you talking about?

Does it have the latest firmware/software updates installed? Maybe this can remedy the problem or perhaps it's as simple as the fact that some very old ipods may not be supported by the Ford software? :(

Hi

Yes it has latest firmware / itunes etc.

It is the 60gb model, i tink first or second gen.

Not sure why old models wont work when new ones do, they use the same software etc.

Isd there anyine out thgere who can say with experience that their Ipod classic (old model) works with the forsd bluetooth pack??

Cheers

John

Mine is a 60GB video ipod (5th Gen - THIS ONE PICTURED BELOW) so I'll be able to verify what you're saying when I get my Fiesta next month. Like I said in another thread on this forum, if mine doesn't work, I'll be rejecting the car or they can refund me the cost of the BT&USB, which has only been spec'd for using my ipod. There was no disclaimer (that I saw) to which version of ipod was needed when ordering the car, so that's where I stand with it.

However, I don;t see why they wouldn't work, and why some others do? Unless it's reliant upon USB2.0 compatibility from the ipod (which i believe a 5G video ipod IS) ??

31556110-2-200-0.jpg

Hi, do you have 'enable disk use' switched on for the Ipod? If not it won't integrate with the car audio although you can use the aux and play the track on the ipod as normal.

The Ipods I know of that son't work are the 2nd and 3rd gen Ipod Touch that don't allow the 'enable disk' function.

Hi, do you have 'enable disk use' switched on for the Ipod? If not it won't integrate with the car audio although you can use the aux and play the track on the ipod as normal.

The Ipods I know of that son't work are the 2nd and 3rd gen Ipod Touch that don't allow the 'enable disk' function.

Let me buy you a virtual beer for that info! :D

By default my ipod is "enabled for disk use", but my missus has a 30GB ipod 5G (same as mine, only in white) and hers isn't enabled for disk use, so I'll definitely test this when my Fiesta comes.

Anyone that wants to be arsed in the meantime to test this out, please do so lol :P

Let me buy you a virtual beer for that info! :D

By default my ipod is "enabled for disk use", but my missus has a 30GB ipod 5G (same as mine, only in white) and hers isn't enabled for disk use, so I'll definitely test this when my Fiesta comes.

Anyone that wants to be arsed in the meantime to test this out, please do so lol :P

Make that a virtual real ale and I will be happy :rolleyes:

I don't have a classic to try but my 2nd gen Nano works. I spent an hour and a half cursing the Ipod, the car (and a few people I don't like) before doing something really drastic..........................I read the manual and although it doesn't jump out at you it is mentioned in the Ipod section. Of course I had had the car for a whole day so it took me a while to remeber where I had filed the manual (Under the heading 'things I will never look at' which proved to be premature). :lol:

Hi

Got so excited reading your suggestion, rushed home to plug my ipod into the laptop, yep, sodding 'enabled for disk use' is selected...damn, so thats not the problem in my case.

Would restoring to factory settings have nay impact?

John

Hi

Got so excited reading your suggestion, rushed home to plug my ipod into the laptop, yep, sodding 'enabled for disk use' is selected...damn, so thats not the problem in my case.

John

I'm no authority on this but I reckon the iPod is too old. I have a 2nd gen iPod Classic (which I haven't tried in the car cos I have the iPhone and a Nano) but it doesn't work on my Sony hi-fi with or without the classic dock. I would therefore assume from this that the connector bitty on the iPod 1st and 2nd gen is different to all the later models.

You may need to send santa a letter ;)

Hi

John

OK plan B, restoring may help as might getting the latest software update if not already done. Also have you tried using the cable that came with the IPOD and a seperate audio 3.5mm phono if you happen to have one? It could be that Apple like to mess about with the spec adding security chips and the like maybe the newer y cable is slightly different to the older USB cable supplied with your Ipod. Purely a guess but you never know and you have nothing to lose.

maybe the newer y cable is slightly different to the older USB cable supplied with your Ipod. Purely a guess but you never know and you have nothing to lose.

I think that's what I was trying to say!

Hi guys

my girlfriend has a classic (not sure which gen though) and that had the same problem. My fix was simply to reset the iPod. Hold down the centre button and push up on the circle together for about 5 seconds. At this point you'll get the apple logo appear on the screen. Leave it alone then and it will reset itself. As soon as you get the normal menus back up give it a try.

It worked for my girlfriends classic and I have to do it with my 3rd gen nano sometimes as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club