Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3.5 ST Cutting out Engine lights on

Slupanter

Hi All,

Can you help?

The fault:

It first happened while driving hard in second and changing to 3rd at 6000RPM, then while leaving the traffic lights in 1st slowly, then this morning in 1st slowly driving onto a roundabout and final 5 mins later while accelerating in 2nd up the road. The car dies and drops all power (starts rolling to a halt), the battery light and oil can light come on and the car has to be completely stopped and the power button pushed to turn the car off. Once turned back on the car is fine, no lights. 

The Car:

ST 3 Jam Sport fitted: AS induction kit, Airtech intercooler, mongoose exhaust cat, billet short shift. Due to be Mapped 13/8/16

You need to get it back to a dealer, they'll hopefully be able to pull fault codes.

I just hope your mods don't cause any problems with the warranty.

Been to the dealer but there wasn't any codes to pull. 

Not good enough, they need to fix the car. It is far too new and under warranty.

They should be able to fit logging diagnostics or something.

How often does it do it? Can you leave it with them for them to experience it?

• Like 2

Have you maybe thought of disconnecting battery might reset something, also you may need to get this sorted before remap as you may end up getting ecu reprogrammed if its software related, hope you get sorted as no acceptable with a new st but hopefully something which is easy fix

• Like 1

This issue seems to be common. It's something to do with the wiring and the Ford dealership should be aware of this. I'm not 100% sure if its a tsb or an actual recall.

• Like 2

Hi guys

Ford have replaced plugs but can't find anything.

I pulled 3 codes tonight.

57a5258ccc34e_ImageUploadedByFordOC14704

The battery! that's a good idea.

Will it bugger the DAB or anything?

It's going to Jam sport in the morning as they can hopefully tell me more than ford. If no luck I may put it back to stock and leave it with ford until it's fixed.

I'll keep you all up to date

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not good enough, they need to fix the car. It is far too new and under warranty.

They should be able to fit logging diagnostics or something.

How often does it do it? Can you leave it with them for them to experience it?

It's random. So while your booting it or while you are driving at 30 in a cruse. Either warm or cold it can still happen. I never boot it while the engine is cold I must add.

This issue seems to be common. It's something to do with the wiring and the Ford dealership should be aware of this. I'm not 100% sure if its a tsb or an actual recall.

Hey, you got a TSB ref?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm following this with interest further to a google search! I have a 2013 ST3 and it's been doing the exact same thing intermittently - it's been back at the dealer for 5 hours and they've not found anything.  They've suggested I don't switch it off after it does it and drive straight there when possible where any codes will still be present.  The issue being that I have to press the start button to restart the vehicle so anything is cleared at the time.  It just dies....sometimes I can pre-empt when it's going to happen once I've started it for the day....it's never when driving at normal speed - it's when I'm coming to a junction, mini-roundabout or slowing for a speed bump! It can't seem to idle steadily once I've started the engine if it's going to do it - that's the only indicator I'm aware of it will happen at some point in my journey - bad enough with me in the car but not great when my daughter is in the back

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

So car was at the dealers for 1 week (6/8/16-13/8/16. No fault found.

I drove it back and forth to work for a week (20 miles) and it was fine. However, last night it cut out and died. I could sometimes get the car to stage one ignition but then the car would say:

service Now

BLIS malfunction

City Stop Malfunction

Hill Start Malfunction

Immobiliser Malfunction

Cross traffic Malfunction

Lifting the bonnet I found the fuse box hissing and fizzing. Car would only sometimes lock.

AA spent 3hrs with the car and found that if you held the main power cable running from primary fuse box the aux fuse box under the battery the car started. The moment you let go the car spluttered and died. ECU wouldn't connect to the error reader at 1st.

Car back at dealer in Redditch as a none starter after AA towed it there.

Check engine light on and three codes

P068A

P2610

U0284

Hi all.

So car was at the dealers for 1 week (6/8/16-13/8/16. No fault found.

I drove it back and forth to work for a week (20 miles) and it was fine. However, last night it cut out and died. I could sometimes get the car to stage one ignition but then the car would say:

Service Now

BLIS malfunction

City Stop Malfunction

Hill Start Malfunction

Immobiliser Malfunction

Cross traffic Malfunction

Lifting the bonnet I found the fuse box hissing and fizzing. Car would only sometimes lock.

AA spent 3hrs with the car and found that if you held the main power cable running from primary fuse box the aux fuse box under the battery the car started. The moment you let go the car spluttered and died. ECU wouldn't connect to the error reader at 1st.

Car back at dealer in Redditch as a none starter after AA towed it there.

Check engine light on and three codes

P068A

P2610

U0284

This sounds like an absolute nightmare. I hope you can get some answers soon. Gutted for you bud.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

The good thing is that there are now error codes and it has failed for them to see.

Should be able to get fixed now.

An update, I am still waiting for Ford to looked at my car.

I am upset and irritated. I love my ST but I am so worried that this never gets fixed. She keeps dying while on main roads in rush hour or when I really need to get into work to sort something out.

They should be able to sort it now though, no way they can't re-produce it, if it was towed broken down with fault codes logged.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Its resolved. 

Turns out it was a bad earth near the air filter, once this was replaced the car is going strong. I wanted a week to test before coming back to you all.

Thanks for all your help guys

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club