Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another armrest thread

Baggi0

Hi everyone i've just bought a Fiesta Titanium and am looking for an armrest as i had one in my previous car and used it a lot :)

Ive searched and read all the threads about them but havent seen of anyone that's fitted one like this (unless i've overlooked it)

s-l500.jpgs-l500 (1).jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-VII-2008-2016-CENTRE-CONSOLE-ARMREST-BLACK-FABRIC-CLOTH-NEW-/272261019693?hash=item3f6405782d:g:yd8AAOSwboVXOsVd

These are less than half the price of the branded ones that i've seen fitted on here, and was wondering if anybody has fitted one of these and if they are any good?

I fitted an armster 2. Suits the interior perfectly. Cost £90 but you get what you pay for. Heard of these cheap tat ones of eBay starting to wobble, break and i also personally don't think they look very good so i went with the armster, its silver trim fits with the car which is a bonus. 

20151228_132047.jpg

Thanks for the reply mate.

That does look good tbf and i have the X-pack Titanium with grey leather seats so that should go with them perfectly.  :thumbsup:

I know what your saying about you get what you pay for, i'm a skin flint so always look for the cheapest option first haha

Another question if you dont mind, does the back of it blend in nicely and look part of the car?   That's why i liked the cheap one because it doesn't look out of place from the back.

Oh yeah i almost forgot where did you buy your armster 2 from?

U can put in the whole armrest from the 2014 fiesta titanium for about 75 pound it will fit in ur fiesta

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Thats my pe facelift 2012 fiesta with the armrest from the the facelift 2014 fiesta

7 hours ago, Baggi0 said:

Another question if you dont mind, does the back of it blend in nicely and look part of the car?   That's why i liked the cheap one because it doesn't look out of place from the back.

Oh yeah i almost forgot where did you buy your armster 2 from?

Yea looks spot on, it's custom built to fit the fiesta so it sits flush with the centre console unlike the univeral fit cheap ones. And like you say the leather top on it will suit leather interior perfectly. It was £89 delivered off amazon. I'll be selling mine next month once my ST is here if you're interested. 

2 hours ago, mikeyd1 said:

Thats my pe facelift 2012 fiesta with the armrest from the the facelift 2014 fiesta

That looks great. 

I have my seat quite far forward though, with the seat forward more would the armrest still be usable?

55 minutes ago, Taylor22 said:

Yea looks spot on, it's custom built to fit the fiesta so it sits flush with the centre console unlike the univeral fit cheap ones. And like you say the leather top on it will suit leather interior perfectly. It was £89 delivered off Amazon. I'll be selling mine next month once my ST is here if you're interested. 

Sweet nice one.

I'll be interested in buying it yeah.   It's good timing as well as i dont get mine till next friday and want to give it a few weeks before i spend anything on it incase there are any problems with it.

I'm not a fan of the front grill on mine either and am trying not to order a new one before i get the car haha

I'm with @mikeyd1, retrofit a fiesta armrest... Mikey did it to his, I looked into it, did it to mine. @JSMarsden did it to his. Made a guide of it too. JSmarsden has his armrest for sale now due to getting a company car! You should get in touch with him mate. 

Cookey. 

Skip to page 3, you'll find the guide on there. 

• Like 1

The facelift armrest doesn't move so basically unusable as an armrest.

You need the seat all the way back to get any use out of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willy said:

The facelift armrest doesn't move so basically unusable as an armrest.

You need the seat all the way back to get any use out of it.

I just put a cheap one in mine,got to say better than i thought and only cost £30 and looks like the top one a bit,i do like the complete one but changing all the fascia etc was not for me

being i have a pre-facelift and just changed all my heater surround to piano black as i would need the heater surround again,gear surround etc.

As willy said as well mine covers the whole arm and can have the seat forward and still get the full arm,it can turn out a £150 plus job,not saying mine is great but it works.

Thanks for the all the info everyone it's much appreciated.

While i like the look of the proper fiesta armrest i don't think it will work for me as Willy said you need your seat right back and mine is far from full back lol.   Thanks for the heads up on the one for sale though Cookey :thumbsup:

Yours looks bang on as well Jase1969 have you got a link for that one?

Taylor22 how much you looking to sell your armster 2 for?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baggi0 said:

Thanks for the all the info everyone it's much appreciated.

While i like the look of the proper fiesta armrest i don't think it will work for me as Willy said you need your seat right back and mine is far from full back lol.   Thanks for the heads up on the one for sale though Cookey :thumbsup:

Yours looks bang on as well Jase1969 have you got a link for that one?

Taylor22 how much you looking to sell your armster 2 for?

I will try and find the link but its been a while now but will try,it was on eBay and they sold a lot,the complete one don't solve the true purpose of a arm rest

but does look good, plus if the facia and the gear section was the same would be better but you have

to change all to facelift which is more £££££££ and no adjustment as this one you can have it flat/up etc,its peoples choice.

The link you put on here is the same sort as mine apart from 1 or 2 things,it fits flat and you have a cup holder on it and mine is a tray and its material

top and mine is leather look,there is another on eBay that £54 i think but has no try/cup holder and don't fit flush but its leather look top.

Still looking for my receipt,as Taylor22 said they aint 100% solid but its the console i found out the problem as it splits into 2 half's not the rest.

Mine still going strong and been through a bit,don't forget anyone wont be rock solid being it fits to the back console.

14 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Here is mine.

IMG_0702.JPG

I've seen these on eBay. Does the leather armrest bit slide forward on these? Is the space inside useable? Does it fold upwards? Do you find it gets in the way of handbrake or gear shift? Thanks

2 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

I've seen these on eBay. Does the leather armrest bit slide forward on these? Is the space inside useable? Does it fold upwards? Do you find it gets in the way of handbrake or gear shift? Thanks

Wasn't aimed at me but the armster 2 the top bit slides forward to extend the armrest out, the top also pulls up so that you can store things inside and also the entire thing folds up inbetween the seats if you ever want the armrest out your way. You can still use the handbrake with it down you just angle your arm differently. I quickly got used to it within a day. Like Willy said the factory fit armrest you have to make an effort to rest your arm there, on mine i rest my arm there and have my hand on the gear knob and change gears with my arm still resting down. Only downside for the st3 I've got ordered is that it has the armrest built in cause I'd of much preferred to put my armster 2 into that than have the factory one. 

I'll be looking to sell mine for around £60 (+ postage if needed) when my new car is here. 

13 minutes ago, Taylor22 said:

Wasn't aimed at me but the armster 2 the top bit slides forward to extend the armrest out, the top also pulls up so that you can store things inside and also the entire thing folds up inbetween the seats if you ever want the armrest out your way. You can still use the handbrake with it down you just angle your arm differently. I quickly got used to it within a day. Like Willy said the factory fit armrest you have to make an effort to rest your arm there, on mine i rest my arm there and have my hand on the gear knob and change gears with my arm still resting down. Only downside for the st3 I've got ordered is that it has the armrest built in cause I'd of much preferred to put my armster 2 into that than have the factory one. 

I'll be looking to sell mine for around £60 (+ postage if needed) when my new car is here. 

I have the standard centre console for sale, you could if you really wanted when you get your new car, take your manufacturer armrest out put the standard centre console in, then fit your armster? 

Up to you mate. 

Easy job taking the centre console out. 

Cookey. 

• Like 1

There's a Armster 1 on eBay for £60 free delivery for anyone that's interested.  Only 1 left though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Armster-Standard-car-armrest-for-Ford-Fiesta-MK7-/291692798048?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFiesta&hash=item43ea3ee060:g:I48AAOSwc1FXZ8rM

1 hour ago, Taylor22 said:

A little cheeky but would you take £50 and ill sort the postage out?

I was going to have the Armster 2 but the price for them was a bit high for me about 6 or so months ago,the rear of the console just clicks out and that is why

it does have a bit of play,i clicked mine out and got it in the house then put the Armrest in and put 2 x screws from under the console into the round piece that

fits into the cup hole and then its solid to the console all in one and clip the console into place,the play is on the console not my Armrest as it should not have one.

Mine don't slide as i did have that option but it tilts up and it sticks out a lot for my arm without the slide,take my word that if you don't screw it in just pop it into the cup

holder it does pop out it a lot of pressure on it so 2 screws under and its solid,you don't see them at all,Armster like the top pic on here i like a lot but tried mine for

£40 cheaper and does the job.

9 hours ago, Baggi0 said:

Yea id probably take 50 if you sorted the postage out. I'll be posting all my parts on the mk7 parts page on Facebook when the time comes but ill hit you up on here first see if you're still interested. 

OK mate thanks

I'll have to check out that page as well, i'm a newcomer to all this Ford stuff so any new places to visit are a bonus :smile:

Would the complete centre console fit the automatic version?

8 hours ago, Baggi0 said:

OK mate thanks

I'll have to check out that page as well, i'm a newcomer to all this Ford stuff so any new places to visit are a bonus :smile:

I would look at the Armster 2 that Tayloy22 is selling as that's a good price,i would of only tried the full complete one if i had the Facelift model.

13 hours ago, Tomothy said:

Would the complete centre console fit the automatic version?

I thinks so