Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assisted Parking into bays

dobrojoe

I know how to do the parallel assisted park using the button on the console and indicators but I haven't found how to initiate a 'reversing into a supermarket bay' situation and I can find anything about it in the manual. I emailed Ford Customer Services with the question and they unhelpfully referred me to a dealer. I emailed the dealer twice and got no reply.

TIA

If it's not in the manual it probably isn't possible, well not by the car you should be able to use other controls to perform this manoeuvre.

• Like 1

In my Focus, I just push the auto park button twice and on the screen it shows that you are trying for a parking bay space...

My auto park is a button next to the gear stick above the heated steering wheel button (if you have that)

Hope that helps

JImbobcook. That's what I thought it was. The dealer demonstrated this to me when the car was handed over but it hasn't worked for me since. I went out and tried it just now, slow presses, fast presses it is either asking me if I want to pull out to the left or right, or goes back to the default screen. Should I reboot Sync? The dealer had to do this once already because the maps were not displaying.

1 minute ago, dobrojoe said:

JImbobcook. That's what I thought it was. The dealer demonstrated this to me when the car was handed over but it hasn't worked for me since. I went out and tried it just now, slow presses, fast presses it is either asking me if I want to pull out to the left or right, or goes back to the default screen. Should I reboot Sync? The dealer had to do this once already because the maps were not displaying.

So you are driving below 10mph and you press the button once then again and for you it changes if you are looking on the left or right? Mine only lets me go left and has Parallel or perpendicular (if that's the right word) parking...

If you are stopped and you are pushing the button does it not already think you are parked and wants to know which way you want to leave the space as it will get you out of the space also I think...

37 minutes ago, MarksST said:

If it's not in the manual it probably isn't possible, well not by the car you should be able to use other controls to perform this manoeuvre.

I've found several things not covered by the manual, and lots of stuff that is irrelevant. I have complained to Ford about their manuals. You would think that when you spend over 20K on a car, they could at least provide a relevant manual.

did the dealer show you both parking function, parallel and perpendicular? 

what does it show on the screen when you push button?

On my Focus there are 2 buttons, with a P and a symbol next to it. I think from memory, the left one is park and the right one takes you out of the space. It defaults to park on the passenger side, if you want to park on driver's side you have to use the indicator too. I think it should detect if you need parallel or perpendicular park, I have only used parallel park but found it works well.

Edited by TitXlover
Correction.

1 minute ago, TitXlover said:

On my Focus there are 2 buttons, with a P and a symbol next to it. I think the left one is parallel and perpendicular is the right one. It defaults to park on the passenger side, if you want to park on driver's side you have to use the indicator too.

I have only used parallel park but found it works well.

Yeah it's great watching the fear on peoples faces in the car haha

The two P buttons have two different functions. One turns the parking sensors on and off, the other does the parallel/perpendicular parking. If its saying left or right only, try holding the button down to clear it. If I recall I had mine stuck in self-park for a while every time I started and reversed the car and that cleared and reset it for me.

2 hours ago, jimbobcook said:

Yeah it's great watching the fear on peoples faces in the car haha

I have only tried it a few times. It works 80% of the time but it is not totally reliable if you are parking on a curved road or if the vehicles in front and behind are not parked straight you can end up too close or too far from the kerb.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

did the dealer show you both parking function, parallel and perpendicular? 

what does it show on the screen when you push button?

Yes, the dealer showed me both but he was showing me so much stuff within the space of a few minutes, I couldn't take it all in. If I give the button a double press, it returns to the home screen. I am trying to reverse into my driveway and into a car port missing the flower planters. Maybe I'm asking too much?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club