Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goto last unread Attention all MK7 1.6 owners.. * 12 An interesting insight..

Reaper

I can't divulge too much information at the moment but..

If you own a Fiesta with a 1.6 Sigma engine that was built in Cologne between 4/8/2008 and 29/8/2009, and Valencia between 19/9/2008 28/8/2009 (I think that pretty much counts us all at the moment).

Please expect to receive a letter from your dealer very soon.

Sorry it's extremely vague, but there's nothing to worry about.. so don't panic.

And before someone suggests it I'm not trolling.

**EDITED: to enhance clarity.

Hey Reaper,

Is this only for the 1.6? I have the 1.4 so would be in the clear.

Hope it's nothing serious though, the way you suggest this, whatever problem this is will pretty much be a problem for every 1.6 based Fiesta going?

I hate speculating but as you say 1.6 would this mean engine work (i.e. most of the rest of the car is the same regardless of engine).

Hope you get your issue sorted

I can't divulge too much information at the moment but..

Why not? If you know something, say what it is, otherwise say nothing is best

And before someone suggests it I'm not trolling.

I beg to differ on that one sorry :(

If it's a factory recall then i had it done today along with a mountune upgrade and i aint saying what the recall was :lol: :P

Out of interest, whats the issue with disclosing what recalls have been for? Surely there is no legal obligation around this?

It's not exactly going to devalue your car - its actually likely to increase it because the work has been carried out promptly, and the market for Fiestas in the UK is a damn site bigger than this Forum, so its not like it'll devalue your car by saying what it was right?

I know 2 secrets but i'm not saying what they are

EDIT

Damn, now i only know 1 secret, cos 1 of the 2 was the fact that i knew 2 secrets, so now that i've told you,m it's no longer a secret.

But i'm not telling you what the other one is.

But it's nothing to worry about.

Maybe :P

:lol:

I know 2 secrets but i'm not saying what they are

EDIT

Damn, now i only know 1 secret, cos 1 of the 2 was the fact that i knew 2 secrets, so now that i've told you,m it's no longer a secret.

But i'm not telling you what the other one is.

But it's nothing to worry about.

Maybe :P

:lol:

Is 1 the same thing i'm not saying lol

Is 1 the same thing i'm not saying lol

I dunno - what's yours?

I dunno - what's yours?

Well it's a factory recall so i can't say but if u get a call you will no :lol::lol:

Is this only for the 1.6? I have the 1.4 so would be in the clear.

Hope it's nothing serious though, the way you suggest this, whatever problem this is will pretty much be a problem for every 1.6 based Fiesta going?

I hate speculating but as you say 1.6 would this mean engine work (i.e. most of the rest of the car is the same regardless of engine).

It's nothing serious, and only takes 5mins to resolve.

Said information what passed to me from a friend that works at Fords, it was released on to the Oasis System on the 11th Nov, for Dealers to contact their customers. And only applies to MK7 1.6 owners

The information I have given thus far is as much as I've been given permission to. I was also advised to give the postal service a chance before I could divulge any more info. Alternatively you could contact your dealer and ask them.

I'm glad it was greatly appreciated.

About as helpful as a German map of France if you're in Coventry trying to get to Newcastle lol

About as helpful as a German map of France if you're in Coventry trying to get to Newcastle lol

<_< This doesn't apply to you anyhow, yours will be rectified before delivery

What part of "The information I have given thus far is as much as I've been given permission to" are you not understanding here?

Does it make you feel good, announcing some great big secret then telling everyone not to worry, but you can't, no make that WON'T, tell them?

Why not just say nothing at all?

The title of this thread has to be the most misleading and outrageous deceptions on this entire forum.

Well done!

Now now gentlemen - let's keep it civil.

However - I have to say that I agree with the sentiments of FMC to some extent - this post serves absolutely no useful purpose at all, other than to potentially cause some worry.

If we're being written to, and the letter will give details of whatever this is, then we don't need to be given crumbs and have the key information withheld.

It's the equivalent of saying 'you're going to win the lottery if you play these numbers' and then not giving the numbers.

If this thread doesn't come to the point soon and turns into a slanging match, I'll close it. Simple.

Fair enough.. close it...

Next time I won't bother.

Bother with what? You haven't actually told us anything that we wouldn't know when these letters arrive.

This basically equates to an attention seeking tease.

Bother with what? You haven't actually told us anything that we wouldn't know when these letters arrive.

This basically equates to an attention seeking tease.

IF said 'letters' ever arrive! :P

Would love to know what this recall is , if you are not associated with fords im sure you won't get in any trouble for sharing it with us , im sure we will find out anyways, i don't understand why you are telling us we are going to recieve some news but not telling us what it is. Im sure this will all be cleared up eventually.

"And the winner of the 2009 Ford Owner's Club's most pointless thread ever is..."

* opens gold envelope

"Reaper! - for 'Attention all MK7 1.6 owners.., An interesting insight..'

I have been panicing that our 1.6 petrol engine is too noisy especially when cold and have started a thread as such, for feedback before I let them look at the car (being without a car greatly inconveniences me for work etc) as I need to know I am not wasting their and my time, so ............................ is the recall to do with the mechanics of the engine ?? ..................... is it likely to help my situation out matey - gis a clue ??

Whoever DOES know please post the details (or PM if in fear of any, if even unlikely, repercussions for stating) becasue there may be several people here whose addresses are still waiting to be changed with DVLA and/or Ford's system if they've only recently purchased a car, so might not get the letters. And then there's the blooming postal strikes to worry about which could delay or prevent these letters getting through.

:)

I vote to just close the thread to be honest. If I get a letter I get a letter if not then I know this guy is full of monkey nuts!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club