Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tumble dryer in the back of a Focus?

Turvey

Can it be done? 

Just bought a second-hand dryer of a mate. The Focus isn't here at the moment to measure it but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to get a loan of a van for 1/2 an hour. 

49 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Can it be done? 

Just bought a second-hand dryer of a mate. The Focus isn't here at the moment to measure it but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to get a loan of a van for 1/2 an hour. 

Let's put it this way, I got a full size tumble dryer in my mk6 Fiesta so a focus will 'eat it' easily!

did exactly that at the weekend, loads of room in my mk3 focus for full size tumbledryer,  put it in on my own without damaging/scraping the trims etc.

I had one of those tumble dryers that catch fire , exchanged it at currys for a( £300 retail price) new tumble dryer for £45.

I would check the dryer your having isn't an affected one.

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

.....I had one of those tumble dryers that catch fire , exchanged it at currys for a( £300 retail price) new tumble dryer for £45.

I would check the dryer your having isn't an affected one.

We had one of those as well, ours was I think about 10yrs old! Exchanged 60 quid and got a brand hew one delivered direct from said company

Aye you'll get that in no problem!  We had washing machines, tumble dryers and even a full-size cooker in the MK1 Focus. 

15 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

We had one of those as well, ours was I think about 10yrs old! Exchanged 60 quid and got a brand hew one delivered direct from said company

the same, had our moneys worth,the version we wanted was 99delivered or pick it up 45. and 12 months guarantee with 10 yrs parts guarantee. result

• Like 1

Tumbler drier will fit easily in a Focus from my experience

I've had three 210L L-ring drums in the back of the Mk1 Focus, they're taller than a tumble drier but not so wide (900mm x 550mm)

Although that's nothing to the maximum I've carried, which actually startled the seller as he'd assumed I'd be collecting with a van.  When it was wheeled out to me on a pallet, I did think I might have to do two collections but as it turned out I got it all in.

The load consisted of four HP5 Laserjet network printers, two Tally A1 tractor feed printers, one Techtronix 850, a collator unit for the HP5s, twenty four boxes of HP toner,  ten drum units, three boxes Techtronix wax ink, two HP fuser units, two image drum units and box Tally spares.

3 minutes ago, GMX said:

The load consisted of four HP5 Laserjet network printers, two Tally A1 tractor feed printers, one Techtronix 850, a collator unit for the HP5s, twenty four boxes of HP toner,  ten drum units, three boxes Techtronix wax ink, two HP fuser units, two image drum units and box Tally spares.

OK, you win! :-)

Mates gonna deliver it for us in his van, so result. 

Actually it is a Hotpoint but it's had the 'fault' rectified. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club