Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Do you give your cars names

laumk7

Do you give your cars names?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give your cars names?

• Yes
    • No
    • Thinking about it
    • Maybe once or twice but I don't make a habit of it
    • Other

Following on from the other thread, I'm curious as to how commonplace this is, personally I don't 

• Like 1

My new car is name Bessie

My old car ford fiesta was call mertel. Some times She had other names too, but not allowed to say them on here

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joss max said:

.....Some times She had other names too, but not allowed to say them on here

Lol I bet I know :lol:

• Like 2

I've never called cars anything but have on occasions when a workpiece failed to fit into it's designated slot/hole/space given rather a lot of Anglo Saxon names, often one after the other.

This also occurs when striking a body part against metal/stone/upturned plug in the dark/misaligned hammer blow:laugh:

• Like 2

My first car was called "Brum" - which later became "Crum" because it was "crumbling around my ears"

Focus and Mondeo have avoided names lol

12 minutes ago, SeanW said:

My first car was called "Brum"

Did it come from Birmingham?

Nope lol

It was one of those things that just kinda stuck

This is the first car I have given a name....Ford Fiasco.

• Like 1

I don't name my cars, but if the reg fits...  I.E. "Jez" the Volvo (JEZ 2558).

• Like 1

I'm finding the results of this poll intriguing so far with more people than not naming their cars, even if it is just the once :ohmy:

Maybe it's just me then :unsure:

• Like 1

My Fiesta MK7.5 ZS is called Alaska. I spent a good few days thinking of a name. Since it snowed on the way back from going to get her and then again leaving a dusting before I set off home from visiting my Auntie's a few days later, so I chose Alaska.

I'd never driven in any amount of snow before and I had my Mum with me at my Auntie's, when we got outside there was a few cm dusting of snow on the ground, enough to make a van struggle up a hill, begin sliding around and throwing other cars off course behind as they couldn't get round him. It was the stuff that packs up easily, great for clodding tyre treads up and creating slippery surfaces. My mum offered to drive but I'd only had Alaska a few days, Mum hasn't driven anything other than a Fiat Punto since about 2004 so I politely declined. It seemed like a set of claws just dug in when I drove her home, Mum was impressed, so was I. So I was then thinking of a name to do with snow. Snowy, Ice, Flake all sound good pet names so I went for something different, it's also somewhere I'd eventually like to visit, therefore came the name Alaska.

Eeee story time haha xD Call me pathetic, but I will always try and give my cars a good and relevant name. Its easy to refer to in conversation to instead of the mouthful of my Fiesta Zetec S.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I'm finding the results of this poll intriguing so far with more people than not naming their cars, even if it is just the once :ohmy:

Maybe it's just me then :unsure:

As a fellow non-namer, no it is not just you, it is curious phenomena.

A question that would naturally follow this, would be, do the people who name their cars: also name other inanimate, but personal objects?:unsure:

Henry Hoovers aside (brands can understood), do their kitchens contain perhaps, Simon the sink, Dave the dishwasher, Wilma the washing machine, Susan the spoon, Timothy the 4-cup teapot and Coriander the coffee machine?

Is food cooked with the help of Olive the oven, her conjoined siblings Helen hob and George grill-browner.  Are things cooked and thawed quickly by Michelle the microwave? ? Do Ferdinand the fridge and Florence the freezer keep everything chilled or frozen? 

Do they perhaps watch Teresa the TV from the comfort of Colin the couch; whilst sipping a beer from Gordon the glass or Bryony the beer bottle, or tea from Mavis the mug and perhaps a snack from Persephone the plate?

Do Bill the bed, Paula and Pat the pillows, Sharon the sheet and Desmond duvet supply their sleep and love facilities?

• Like 3

I've 'called' our cars many names in the past! Usually swearwords when screws - nuts - bolts etc  refuse to come undone :laugh:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GMX said:

A question that would naturally follow this, would be, do the people who name their cars: also name other inanimate, but personal objects?:unsure:

Henry Hoovers aside (brands can understood), do their kitchens contain perhaps, Simon the sink, Dave the dishwasher, Wilma the washing machine, Susan the spoon, Timothy the 4-cup teapot and Coriander the coffee machine?

Is food cooked with the help of Olive the oven, her conjoined siblings Helen hob and George grill-browner.  Are things cooked and thawed quickly by Michelle the microwave? ? Do Ferdinand the fridge and Florence the freezer keep everything chilled or frozen? 

Do they perhaps watch Teresa the TV from the comfort of Colin the couch; whilst sipping a beer from Gordon the glass or Bryony the beer bottle, or tea from Mavis the mug and perhaps a snack from Persephone the plate?

Do Bill the bed, Paula and Pat the pillows, Sharon the sheet and Desmond duvet supply their sleep and love facilities?

You have just made my morning :laugh: !!

I'm not that bad, but I can imagine there are people out there somewhere... You did manage to name everything pretty well.. :P

• Like 2

On 17/08/2016 at 1:09 PM, GMX said:

Wow you put a lot of effort in to that well done that is amazing haha

• Like 3

First Car: Duncan (AX)

Second car - Gregory (Fiesta)

Third Car - Frederick (Focus)

Fourth Car - Kerry (Cee'd)

Fifth Car - Alexander (CMAX)

Current - Mindel (Mondeo)

• Like 1

My car is Symon Gregory Tiffin due to the number plate mostay.  Gregory is because my other half fancies Greg Rutherford and my car is ginger so was told greg had to be in the name

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club